There is no way its worth the money... icetv and Topfield TF7100HDPVRt

Started by thefrasers, March 27, 2009, 07:17:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tonymy01

This is not standard protocol, this is the quirkiness of the 7100.   You don't have to jump through this many hoops to get it working for other PVRs, e.g. Beyonwiz..
Vortical is giving you first hand experience from a Topfield perspective, from the dozens of posts and ideas on the http://forum.itopfield.com.au/default.aspx Topfield forums.   You would not expect ICE to tell you how to drive your Topfield I would have thought?   I guess they do need to have a bit of an understanding about how it works for each model, but any quirky behaviour specific to a model is really up to the support pages on that PVR's site to help.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

AMLagonda

:) I "think" I have it all sorted now and Ice TV seems to be working very well now, it takes a while and you do have to be patient, but for me so far so good, if it keeps this up i'll renew my subscription as its nice to have all the programing done for me.
I do know my wireless router drops out every now and then so I know I have to keep tabs on the timers to make sure they appear.

Vortical

Quote from: clinte on April 26, 2009, 11:57:20 AM
I must apologise but I didn't realise ICE is a user supported product. If this is the case shouldn't ICE be FREE? I would have thought that during my MANY emails back and forth to ICE one of the support engineers there might have mentioned your small procedure if it worked for all cases. As I said in my last post, ICE support was good and responsive although they never mentioned your steps in their comunications.

Anyway I will try your procedure and see how it goes. It still doesn't explain why the TF would just stop downloading the data every couple of weeks though. Hopefully this new firmware will address that...

I'm not sure that they do know about my procedure but they might have steered you towards the iTopfield forums for help is all I was trying to say.

wambo

Quote from: clinte on April 25, 2009, 10:02:42 AM

Out of curiousity I went to a channel and tried to display the epg. I got a message back saying that the ICE server was BUSY and to try again in two minutes. OK, two minutes later same message, 20 minutes later - same message, an hour later - same message. Is the ICE server broken??

Same thing happened to me; turned out that I didn't save options in the previous screen. I set it up 3 or 4 times before I noticed it. (Think i needed to push the red button on the remote to save settings)
Topfield TF7100HDPVRt
Perth region

Lisey

in my experience after purchasing a topfield you should:

wait for your dongle to overheat in about a month
ask for a new dongle
return unit for weeks for repair
they'll send it back and say its fine
in a week your dongle will overheat
you ask for a new dongle
which overheats
you return the unit again
they send back saying its fine
the dongle overheats
you ask for a new dongle again
the dongle overheats
you sent unit back again
they say cannot find anything wrong and they replace the motherboard
then as soon as you get it back the dongle overheats and the thing is as useless as it ever was

you then crack it
go to officeworks and spend $80 on a wireless ethernet adaptor to trick the machine into thinking its plugged into a cat5
and vow to never ever purhcase a topfield again due to their crummy service

I hope you dont expereince this

ice TV is terrific but its the unreliable Toppy thats letting you down