Cannot delete file from the programfiles directory

Started by pelleigh, February 11, 2006, 06:29:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pelleigh

I installed a Tap recommended by my local dealer called "Improbox".  Now I found out that it interferes with tha aspect ratio key "0" so I need to unistall it.  But when I try to delete the file "improbox.key" it refuses to delete it.  Instead I get the following gobbley from ICE Guide...

Any ideas would be appreciated ;)
---
Never eat more than you can lift.
---

Daniel Drysdale at IceTV

That looks like a bug in the filemanager, I don't know why it cannot delete the file as requested. I would suggest connecting the topfield to your pc and using the Topfield "Altair" application to delete the file.

We will have a look in the office and see if we can figure out what the problem is.

Regards
Dan
Cheers,

Dan
Software Manager @ IceTV

srto2

The Improbox licence key is bulletproof.  You don't have to delete it nor do you have to uninstall the tap... just move it from Auto Start to Program Files. There is nothing wrong with the ICE file manager (in that regard)...  you can't delete the licence key with anything and it is designed to be that way.

Improbox is completely and comprehensively configurable.  If you go to the Improbox menu you can configure it to NOT use the 0 key.  From memory, by default, it uses the 0 key to jump to the start of a recorded file.

Regards,
Rob

pelleigh

QuoteThe Improbox licence key is bulletproof.  You don't have to delete it nor do you have to uninstall the tap... just move it from Auto Start to Program Files. There is nothing wrong with the ICE file manager (in that regard)...  you can't delete the licence key with anything and it is designed to be that way.

Improbox is completely and comprehensively configurable.  If you go to the Improbox menu you can configure it to NOT use the 0 key.  From memory, by default, it uses the 0 key to jump to the start of a recorded file.

Regards,
Rob
1) the Imprcbox was not installed in the Auto Start. >:(
2) I think it totally wrong that a file can be installed as Read Only! Think of all those TAPS all with their own R/O files clogging up valuable H/D space. :'(
3) The Quick Guide makes no mention of how to reconfigure keys. :(

In any case the issue is now dead, having just installed ProgressBarKeys, with its more than adequate documentataion.
Thanks for the imput :)
---
Never eat more than you can lift.
---