ICETV Interactive.exe High CPU

Started by fletma, December 14, 2008, 08:33:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

Update:  I got the log file from fletma, and was able to see the problem.  We'll take a look at it and see if we can get a new version released with the problem fixed.  I'll post another note here when I have more information.

Russell

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

IceTV Interactive version 2.0.0.19 Beta 1 is now available in this thread.  Hopefully it should fix the problem you're seeing.  Please give it a try and let us know.

Thanks,
Russell

bevan.coleman

I'm still getting the CPU load with the latest 2.0.19 b2. Clicking clear log seems to work, but the CPU usage builds up over time.

After peaking in the code (VB.net... really.... come on... C# is much better) I can certainly see a heap of places I would be checking for performance.

The Log add metod for one... reading in an XML file, and appending a row has got'a be soooo slow. "Application.DoEvents();" is also not a good sign, it causes all sorts of problems and means you should be running the process in a separate thread.

Using DataGrids and DataView for a read only log is also quite wasteful of resources. A lot of memory is used by those components, and I'm not convinced by their performance with large numbers of rows.

If you ever get the urge to release the actual source for this I would be quite happy to rewrite entire sections to boost performance, probably make a service version as well.

Jeffro

I noticed my IceTV Interactive task running the CPU through the roof so I decided to check the forum. This thread is from over 6 months ago and evidently has not been fixed for the Windows 7 version. Sooooo what is the constant CPU activity for? And when will it be fixed?

Using version 3.0.0.10

A_G

Seconded. i just had Media Centre freeze on me and i believe the problems (not the first time I have had performance problems with MC) are related to the large amount of CPU Ice chews up.

Some information/suggestions would be much appreciated.  ;D