Windows 7 EPG Beta Readme: 24/02/2009 (Please read this first)

Started by Russell at IceTV, February 24, 2009, 01:54:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Russell at IceTV

Ok, all installed, but I only get listings for ABC, and nothing else! Im in the Canberra region

Hi Chris,

After you load the guide, go into the Edit Channels page like I described in the long post above, and see how many of your channels have "-IceTV" at the end of the name.  For the ones that don't have it, follow my instructions for manual channel mapping, to map the IceTV listings to the channel.  If you have trouble with it, let us know what you're seeing and we'll be glad to help.

Russell

csmlsim

Setting them manually, I can get all of them except
ABC3
SBS3
SBS4
SC TEN.

Hope This is helpful.

Just a quick note, i'm at work testing it out at the moment (its a home PC, just got some time on my hands) but don't get prime here on the rabbit ears. Will let you know how they go when I take it home

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: csmlsim on February 27, 2009, 04:46:55 PM
Setting them manually, I can get all of them except ABC3, SBS3, SBS4, SC TEN.

Ok, you're doing pretty good then.  The only one of those we provide guide data for is SC TEN, which someone else said was being scanned by Media Center as "SC10 Canberra".  When you get home, take a look at that channel again in the Edit Channels page and see what the name is.  If it has "-IceTV" at the end of it, like "SC10 Canberra-IceTV", then it's setup correctly.  If not, what is the name you're seeing?  And also, do you see "SC10 Canberra-IceTV" as an available option when trying to do the manual mapping for it?

Thanks,
Russell

csmlsim

Yep, got them all except SC Ten. There was an SC10 Canberra, but no SC10 Canberra - Ice TV. I'm not at home atm. It was a busy weekend so didn't get a chance to look any further into it. I will double check when I get home

csmlsim

Yeah, ther is no SC10 Canberra - IceTV. Sorry for the late replay, been very busy last couple of weeks

hamping

splark

Yes I've just tried with 7057 x64. It works perfectly, the ABC and 10 issues seem to be fixed, every channel I wanted had an IceTV mapping without me having to do anything.

Also Media center just seems to run much nicer, in previous versions it would pause and take a few seconds to switch between full screen and windowed. In this build it is completely instant. Very nice. There are also new sounds at media center startup and moving around the menus as well.

The new wallpapers in the this build are really nice too.

hamping

Quote from: splark on March 14, 2009, 05:55:09 PM
Yes I've just tried with 7057 x64. It works perfectly, the ABC and 10 issues seem to be fixed, every channel I wanted had an IceTV mapping without me having to do anything.

Also Media center just seems to run much nicer, in previous versions it would pause and take a few seconds to switch between full screen and windowed. In this build it is completely instant. Very nice. There are also new sounds at media center startup and moving around the menus as well.

The new wallpapers in the this build are really nice too.

I have now upgraded to the 32 bit version. At this stage, although I agree that it works with 7057, my ieeus with ABC 1 and ABC 2 have not been resolved. But I didn't set up the TV settings, just let it use my previous settings. What did you do? Should I ask it to set up all my settings from scratch?

hamping

Ok, I set up the TV signal afresh, and although none of the channels were not automatically mapped to ICE-TV, I was able to manually map each of them including the ABC channels which had been problems.  So apart from the fact that the Hauppague HVR tuner drivers are still not working properly with Win 7, I am a little bit closer to where I need to be.

adsjc

Can also confirm 7057 32bit working well.
Slightly off topic, I have just noticed a new option in the stop time setting too. You have an option to stop 5, 10,15, etc minutes after like before, but now you can say "if possible" what a good idea! I am quite sure that wasn't an option on previous builds.

poniboi

Thanks so much for working on this guys and thanks for making it available as an open beta.

I'm running on 7057 64bit version of Win7, using Sydney Region and all is well so far.   :D

Thanks again!

hamping

I have Win 7 7068 installed and am still having lots of problems with dual  HVR 1100 tuner cards with series recording.I should say that this may well be because I have not done clean installs but upgrade from 7000 - 7057 - 7068 but who knows. The latest behaviour is that ABC programs, in particular, record on both ABC1 and ABC HD even though specifically instructed only to record on ABC 1. I also seem to get WIN 7 reporting that ABC news will not record because another airing of it will be in a week. In other words, shows like ABC news at 7pm are coming up as  a repeat and being ignored. This is even the case when I have record new and rerun selected for the series.... It is unclear to me whether this is a ICE TV issue or Win7, but I would assume that if the data were correct, ABC News at 7pm should be recognised by Wind 7 as 'New' and not repeat or rerun...

Regards
Stuart

Russell at IceTV

Quote from: hamping on April 09, 2009, 09:43:51 PM
I have Win 7 7068 installed and am still having lots of problems with dual  HVR 1100 tuner cards with series recording.I should say that this may well be because I have not done clean installs but upgrade from 7000 - 7057 - 7068 but who knows. The latest behaviour is that ABC programs, in particular, record on both ABC1 and ABC HD even though specifically instructed only to record on ABC 1. I also seem to get WIN 7 reporting that ABC news will not record because another airing of it will be in a week. In other words, shows like ABC news at 7pm are coming up as  a repeat and being ignored. This is even the case when I have record new and rerun selected for the series.... It is unclear to me whether this is a ICE TV issue or Win7, but I would assume that if the data were correct, ABC News at 7pm should be recognised by Wind 7 as 'New' and not repeat or rerun...

Hi Stuart,

Yes, I'm afraid most of what you're describing is probably due to problems in the IceTV guide for Win7.  This is a known issue at the moment, and unfortunately one that hasn't been resolved yet.  But it's definitely on the list of things that need to be fixed, so hopefully we'll get it done soon.  There's more info here:

http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1638.0

Russell

WB

Nice piece of work, thank you IceTV!

I, too, can confirm that it is running OK on Window 7 Build 7068 (x86).

One issue for me:  I'm in Melbourne.  TEN Digital does not map to TEN Digital - IceTV and is not shown for manual mapping, however the listings against TEN Digital in the Guide appear to be IceTV's (and full listings that span a week).  In practical terms it makes no difference to my use of the Guide but it would be good to have it fixed because it would reassure me that the Guide is fully IceTV's.

boh

All working well on W7 7100 (32 bit). WMC looks even better and the guides are fully loaded... just need the interactive server scheduling to work. Any ETA on a beta?

thanks, boh