Remote scheduling not working - FIXED

Started by Svantegorm, October 30, 2009, 10:21:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Svantegorm

UPDATE: NOW FIXED. See my post on removing Vista legacy data.

Thanks for releasing Win 7 Beta.

All installed fine. All channels mapped to -icetv listings.

Two issues:
1) Recordings scheduled via website not appearing on media centre and therefore not recording
2) My accounts page shows: "Your last EPG fetch was on October 23, 2009 at 07:07AM". I've successfully downloaded EPG data since then using the new Win 7 Beta.

Anyone else with these issues?

Any suggested solutions?

(running win 7 home premium - upgraded from Vista Home Premium)

Svantegorm

Follow up.

On icetv website...a test recording of Hi-5 now says 'failed' (see attached file).

Any clues?

thx

mr_gimlet

Couple of things to check.

First, have you updated your device in interactive to Windows 7 and resent?
Second, is the Win7 client actually downloading the EPG?
Third, are they appearing in your Guide on the HTPC?

I found for the first few days after moving over, my interactive showed scheduling errors/ failures but they carried to the Guide and recorded fine ie they didn't actually fail even though Ice Interactive showed them as failing.

Svantegorm

Hi

Thanks for replying.

Q: First, have you updated your device in interactive to Windows 7 and resent?

Device updated to win 7 and resent...(actually deleted an old device (Vista) and created a new one). Device also updated on interactive software on PC.

Q: Second, is the Win7 client actually downloading the EPG?

I think so....seem to be getting new data down. When forcing an update it says everything went ok. Also, when I toggle the movie prefix on/off it seems to work..so that must be a good sign..

Q: Third, are they appearing in your Guide on the HTPC?

This is the problem...they are not....so the recordings fail

Thx again for responding.

J

so_bored8008

You need to check to make sure your actually USING the Ice EPG not just downloading it then using the inline guides.

Slammer6751

Quote from: mr_gimlet on October 30, 2009, 11:36:30 AM
I found for the first few days after moving over, my interactive showed scheduling errors/ failures but they carried to the Guide and recorded fine ie they didn't actually fail even though Ice Interactive showed them as failing.

I've found the same on mine. I ended up deleting all series recordings from the MC and IceTV interactive and then re-set them up on interactive and then on thw Win7 device rsent them to the PC and they appeared correctly. However interactive did show some of them as failed yet they still recorded.

I'll see how this goes over time.