Priority for taping multiple shows?

Started by madrob, February 24, 2009, 01:29:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

madrob

Is there any way to set a priority order for shows that you want to tape through IceTV? For eg if you use the series record or keyword record functions can you set certain shows as #1 priority and others as, say, #99 so the PVR or IceTV can know which show is the least important and therefore the first recording to get cancelled in the event of a scheduling conflict?

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

madrob

Oh well, it never hurts to ask...thanks for that.

Monaro427

Yes, I agree that priorities would be a very good thing to have. So if you are listening IceTV, please add this feature :)

JPP

Quote from: mcretan on April 12, 2009, 08:55:13 PM
I'll second that!
Yes, I agree too. The closer we can get to the way the TiVo does it all (without infringing any patents if these do exist), the better. Although I'm not a great fan of the TiVO in general (too many layers of menus), I do think that they have the best there is wrt setting up recordings. Auto delete is another function I really like. I believe that the Wiz is getting this functionality soon? It was discussed some time ago - any news on this anyone?
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

prl

Quote from: JPP on April 14, 2009, 06:51:05 PM
... Auto delete is another function I really like. I believe that the Wiz is getting this functionality soon? It was discussed some time ago - any news on this anyone?
Autodelete is in the current beta.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

atom

I'd also love to see a priority system. The one semi time consuming task Ice doesn't overcome at the moment is the need to check through all the scheduled recordings to sort out any clashes. Otherwise it nearly always seems to end up missing the preferred program... Until this is available it can't be a truly set-and-forget service.  :)

audioh0bbs

Quote from: atom on May 12, 2009, 01:00:30 PM
I'd also love to see a priority system. The one semi time consuming task Ice doesn't overcome at the moment is the need to check through all the scheduled recordings to sort out any clashes. Otherwise it nearly always seems to end up missing the preferred program... Until this is available it can't be a truly set-and-forget service.  :)

+1 for this, especially since the Ice system seems to keep recording both SD and HD versions of the same show (even though I have told it I prefer HD.)

Al.

mcretan

+1 for me.

Can I make a suggestion?  For multiple recording conflicts, perhaps if the show is also marked as a favourite on interactive it gets priority over one that is not.  Then it might simply be a matter ice changing it so that the ice file sends the timer details with (isfavourite) entries first... 

That should be pretty easy to do shouldn't it?

Cheers,

Mike

jim16

Sorry for drudging up an old thread.

Does anyone know if priorities are planned?

Missed one of my favourite shows tonight due to a conflict with a show that I would only record if a tuner was free.

shermozle

Wow, I think I wouldn't have bought my Beyonwiz if I'd known there was no way to prioritise scheduled recordings.  I've switched from MythTV (was having hardware problems so I figured a dedicated box would be an improvement) and the handling on that is superb, especially coupled with automatic deletion.

Some use cases that I had used quite successfully on my box, to fit my needs.  I'm sure others would have similar requirements.

• Record ABC News at 19:00 every day above all else, but only keep the latest edition on the hard drive.
  • Record Lateline every weeknight, but only if there's not something else I want to record, but only keep the latest edition on the hard drive.
  • Record The Simpsons whenever it's on, but only if there's not something else.
  • Record Wednesday night ABC telly as a high priority (WAF reasons).
  • Record Rage every time it's on, low priority and delete before you delete anything else.

So essentially I now need to treat all schedules as "must record" which means I won't be able to have a stock of stuff like Simpsons lying around for when I'm in the mood.  That's a real limitation for me!

chrisb

mcpaton

Guide Region: Regional Qld (Townsville)
PVR: Beyonwiz DP-P2 & DP-H1

prl

As has been mentioned in other topics, management of recordings (with priority) across more than one device would be good, too.

And a little OT: please make the default series recording option "Prefer Standard Definition" if the recording is being set up from a standard definition service!
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use