Feature Request: Ice Remote Selectable Padding Type

Started by dJOS, March 27, 2008, 01:06:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Hi Ice Folk,

Can we please get Ice Remote to allow Selectable Padding Type? (ie: Soft Padding or Hard Padding)

Currently ICE Remote uses "Soft Padding" (global setting) to extend the record length etc - this is fine for most ppl who only have 1 or 2 tuners but for folks with 3+ Tuners (tons of us over at the aus media center forums) its limitations are a pest. eg:

Soft Padding: means that if you have 2 back-to-back shows on the same channel both programmed to record and both with "soft padding", you will get the end of the first show in the recording of the second show as VMC/MCE will use a single tuner to record both shows.

This means that if someone in your household watches the second show and deletes it when done you will loose then end of the first show, as the 2nd recording will start on time as per the published schedule. (thanks to the networks being morons and deliberately not sticking to schedules!  >:( )

If using Hard Padding instead it means that if you have 2 back-to-back shows on the same channel both programmed to record and both with "Hard Padding" (via advanced record), you will get both shows recorded using 2 tuners and both shows will be 100% intact as per the specified padding.

This means that if someone in your household watches the second show and deletes it when done, you will NOT loose then end of the first show as the both recordings use your specified start finish times (padding).

WebGuide does this currently, which is why i use it (+ ICE Guide) for sheduing "series records", but I would love to go back to using Ice Remote to take advantage of the new "recomentation" feature and others.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

dJOS

Hi Guy's, any chance of this being made available as an option?

I would really like to move away from Webguide for scheduling TV shows but because my Media Center now sports a total of 5 Tuners and is accessed by multiple Media-extenders in my home, I cant afford for shows to be sheduled using soft padding and risk shows being deleted that contain the end to another show.

I know my 5 tuner beast is not the norm but plenty of folk are now building Media Centers with more than 2 tuners and using them as Media Servers/hubs in their homes and im sure they would appreciate selectable padding type?

Cheers djOS
My Home Theatre Project

crankcase

This would be a great feature and save me so much heartache trying to teach my wife to record somehow (with hard padding).
She has just learnt to use the ICE guide and loves it, but thats pushing her grey matter to the limit.

I have only just convinced her to ditch the VCR  :'(

Nicksta

Another vote for hard padding options.

I have deactivated my 'interactive' in favour of webguide4 until such time as its included.

Cheers,

Nick

menzy

ICE any indication that this will be an option in a future release. I too have 4 tuners in my system as do 4 of my friends who would love to be able to see the end or start of their show but cant as their other half has deleted the previous or following show! Make sense....

dJOS

So Ice Guy's any word on this?

I'd really like to ditch Webguide (which uses advanced record options) and return to Ice Interactive as when doing a rescan half your timers get stuffed and I like the IceGuide iPhone App.
My Home Theatre Project

JMatthews

Marc

dJOS

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on February 15, 2009, 06:10:01 PM
Thanks for the feedback guys.

We are listening.

Thanks for acknowledgment Marc, its appreciated but this request is almost a year old (March '08); are any plans to investigate/implement this feature?
My Home Theatre Project