WIN Mackay

Started by msgordon, February 10, 2009, 09:46:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

msgordon

I have set-up ice guide my beyonwiz dp-p1 but cannot get epg for win mackay. On my tv win mackay comes up as D 351, on the beyonwiz it comes up as 971. Not sure if that is the problem or how to fix it. Any ideas?

Cheers,
Mac

tonymy01

350onwards is what a DVB-T device is meant to give a channel that isn't properly broadcasting an LCN (or has a duplicate LCN to another already in your scanned list).  It seems some boxes are better than others at supporting this standard, but this is moot, as I think ICE expects Win to be on LCN9 and 90 (or maybe 8 and 80 for regionals, dunno).  What the heck is "971"?  That seems very odd indeed!   Have you tried deleting all channels from that broadcaster frequency, and rescanning?  (Hint: press list during live TV viewing and follow the help prompts to delete).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

msgordon

Thanks for the tip, I think I understand the problem now. However, I tried rescanning all channels on the beyonwiz and win came back at 971 again. Is there any way to set the LCN manually? win tv and win HD are the only channels with the unusual LCN.

tonymy01

The LCN is set by the broadcaster, you might want to give them a call...
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

msgordon

OK. Checked at a mates place around the corner. His WIN comes up with the correct LCN on his TV and STB. So the problem is with my gear, not sure why. I'll keep playing???

tonymy01

You probably have to delete all the channels first before doing a scan, or else you will get duplicates of anything that has changed.
Regards
Tony