Request: iCal integration

Started by mattrobs, February 09, 2009, 07:17:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mattrobs

A quick Google search reveals this was brought up at the beginning of last year but went unaddressed.

If I may, I'd like to request the IceTV Dashboard widget to integrate with iCal by adding reminders and alarms to alert users of upcoming favourited and keyword searched shows.

Picture the scenario: Jack favourites Dexter on the IceTV website. It syncs to the widget on his computer. The widget adds a reminder to the iCal calendar. It comes up 5 minutes before showtime. Optionally, iCal then pushes the alarm to his iPhone via Jack's MobileMe his iPhone, too, reminds him. He watches Dexter.

Pretty awesome, right?

Currently, I've got a pretty hacky Applescript running on EyeTV which adds reminders. But this way I have to hit "record" on IceTVâ€"even though I intend on watching themâ€"for it to sync an hour later, adds a reminder, then deletes them from EyeTV so they don't record. Not a nice experience.

Marc

We might do this at some point.

If we don't, or if you'd like something sooner, a third party developer could probably use the My Upcoming Shows RSS feed to add iCal events with a little bit of work. The My Upcoming Shows RSS feed for your account can be found on this page: http://www.icetv.com.au/interactive/myupcomingshows