Guide incorrect - again!

Started by GlenR, February 08, 2009, 04:18:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenR

I've been with IceTV for over 3 years now and am subscribed up until 2010. During that time I've had little to complain about, even understanding the problems getting the full guide for chanel 9. But now I find I am compaloning about guide accuracy twice within two weeks.

Two weeks ago I posted this - http://www.icetv.com.au/iceforum/index.php?topic=1530.0 - about episode names in Biggest Loser being duplicated and causing problems with series recordings. It received no response from IceTV or even a correction in the next guide update.

Today I set up for theopening round of the World Rally Championship on SBS. I sit down to watch it and got soccer! Check my guide and it says WRC on SBS from 3:30PM to 5:00PM. Download a guide update just in case and no change.

Check IceTV and the guide there says WRC on SBS from 3:30PM to 5:00PM.

Check the SBS website and it says WRC on SBS from 2:00PM to 3:00PM!

Given that IceTV has always said that ABC and SBS are most cooperative in providing them with guide information I am most disappointed at this error. Particularly in light of my previously ignored guide correction.

For the first time since subscribing to IceTV, I am starting to wonder if my investment is worth it.

Please IceTV, prove me wrong....

tonymy01

I still don't understand your Biggest Loser prob?  It works fine for series recording to my Beyonwiz, I wouldn't want different (primary) titles for each episode as that would mean setting different series recordings for each episode during the week wouldn't it?  There is certainly sub-title information that makes each episode of Biggest Loser unique-e.g tonight is "The Biggest Loser 'Two Couples Face Chop'" and tomorrow is "The Biggest Loser '2009 Series - First Elimination'".   Your issue sounds like a limitation or some quirk with your media centre I think?
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

GlenR

*Groan*

As I responded in my original Biggest Loser post - I am referring to the sub-title. It's all history now but the sub-title of the first episode was the same as the sub-title for episode 3. That meant that episode 3 was not recorded as the media centre thought it was a repeat. That was the problem.

The point I am making here is that that problem didn't even get a response form IceTV - nor a correction - and now the guide was way off today.

dJOS

Nascar sprint budweiser shootout cup got messed up too - I dunno when it's supposed to me on but all I got was the news and crap aussie soaps! :(

Lucky for me I got the WRC by accident because the Ice had Speedweek's timeslot listed as 1 hour longer than it was.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

tonymy01

Phew, saved me too (as I also record Speedweek and WRC, on the Topfield 5K with joined timer but using ICE data).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

dJOS

Quote from: tonymy01 on February 08, 2009, 04:36:06 PM
I still don't understand your Biggest Loser prob?  It works fine for series recording to my Beyonwiz, I wouldn't want different (primary) titles for each episode as that would mean setting different series recordings for each episode during the week wouldn't it?  There is certainly sub-title information that makes each episode of Biggest Loser unique-e.g tonight is "The Biggest Loser 'Two Couples Face Chop'" and tomorrow is "The Biggest Loser '2009 Series - First Elimination'".   Your issue sounds like a limitation or some quirk with your media centre I think?

I just tried to replicate the problem as per my post in Glens original topic on my VMC box and couldn't duplicate it either.  ???
My Home Theatre Project

GlenR

Quote from: djos on February 08, 2009, 11:15:43 PMI just tried to replicate the problem as per my post in Glens original topic on my VMC box and couldn't duplicate it either.  ???

That's because it only affected the third (I think) episode that had suffered from a cut and paste episode & description from episode 1. All other episodes seem to have been OK. My only reason for re-iterating that in this thread was to highlight that this was neither responded to or corrected by IceTV.

dJOS

Quote from: GlenR on February 08, 2009, 11:50:40 PMMy only reason for re-iterating that in this thread was to highlight that this was neither responded to or corrected by IceTV.

yeah that is really frustrating, had a few of those myself!  >:(
My Home Theatre Project

Mitch IceGuide

Your thread was responded to by alterations being made to the way the episodes were constructed. The episodes are made up by us .... WITH a date so there could be no confusion.

Perhaps some perspective here might help. You have been with us for 3 years because we were the first to do this properly. And .... provide a great service and .... respond to most queries promptly. We are often blamed for the shortfalls of the many different types of software and hardware subscribers use and often solve their problems where the manufacturer of the equipment won't. We've had to tailor information and misinformation to suit as many PVR's and tastes as possible. Yes, sometimes we get it wrong .... but not often. Your feedback is read and acted upon and / or considered. Every time. So I'd consider your 'investment' well worthwhile.

dJOS

Mitch we all really appreciate when things we bring up get acted upon, but Ice TV needs to use the forums to communicate with Ice customers more effectively - if we raise something, just let us know you are a/ looking into it or /b unable to do anything about it.

My background is in Service Management and the key to great customer service is imo communication, even if you cant do a thing to help your customer you can keep them on side by communicating with them.

Ice has a really valuable resource in its forums and I fear that this isn't recognised within upper management.
My Home Theatre Project