TF7100 and Interactive

Started by wally3218, November 24, 2008, 03:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally3218

Just like to say how happy I am using the TF7100 with IceTV Interactive now Topfield have seemed to have got there act together with there firmware problems.
Another big plus for IceTV is the ability to use IceTv Interactive with mobile phones with internet access and to set up a show to be recorded while away from home and how quick it can set your recorder up I've recorded shows with only half a hours notice.

Well done guys, from a very happy customer.

Wally

SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Marc

Thanks Wally. It's good to hear!

Please feel free to hassle us with feature requests (same goes for everyone). We want Interactive to be the best it can be.

rudders

Wally,
What firmware are you on??
Version 1.11.13 is still giving me, and I believe others, much pain!
Adrian

wally3218

Quote from: rudders on November 24, 2008, 05:12:34 PM
Wally,
What firmware are you on??
Version 1.11.13 is still giving me, and I believe others, much pain!
Adrian
I'm using this:
Application Version V1.11.13
Wireless dongle in front usb working ok
using a Billion 7300G DHCP WPA Shared Key 8 digits
FTP ok using FileZilla Client working ok
IceTv Interactive working great
Mobile IceTv Interactive working great
External Western Digital 500G HDD working ok using Ext2IFS v1.11
only connected when transfering files as its quicker than wireless

SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

rudders

Thanks for the reply. My issues turned out to be my own stupidity - but am trying the latest firmware anyway!

straycat

I have recently purchased a topfield 7100, in addition to my eyeTv stick for my MacBook i have been operating for the last 12 months, with ICE TV. I have not previously used Ice interactive but with the toppy am quite excited by its possibilities. I have configured the toppy, and have the ice tv epg downloading  successfully to my toppy through the wireless doggle.

I have checked forums here and topfield and can't find the answer to the following;
While i am able to use Interactive and click on a program for recording - this does not transfer to the Topfield - not after 30 min, not after 1 hour or at all. Nor does IceTV recognise the shows I have directly flagged to record on the Topfield.
can you advise what I should do? I have the Topfield recognised on both the Interactive site and through EPG settings for Ice on the topfield itself.

loremich

Hi Straycat, it's possible that you need to check that the channels are mapped properly for icetv on your Topfield. Go to "System Settings">"EPG Setting">"Channel Map" then press "OK" You should see the LCN settings for your region. (just in case I am wrong write down the LCN settings for each channel first so you can change them back if necessary" then change the LCN settings so that for Seven the LCN is 7, Nine LCN is 9, Ten is 10, ABC1 is 2, Nine HD is 90, Seven HD is 70 and Ten HD is 12.  At least these are the settings that work for Adelaide.
I had a similar problem where channel nine and channel ten recordings would not transfer to the Topfield where as other channels did work. After changing the LCN settings everything works fine.
Good luck

ps also check this forum link http://forum.itopfield.com.au/Topic12774-63-1.aspx   for setup help.

toppysyd

I have same issue - ice guide is fine but interactive is a no go.
Firmware updated few days ago. I *think* interactive works if I turn my 7100 off then use interactive - it seems to work just once.

Am not enjoying Ice or Toppy. ???

Ea5e

Well, maybe...
My TF7100 and Ice have been getting along well together with the latest (January release) topfield firmware, until I struck 2 days of :"Ice TV Server is busy, retry later", or words to that effect, and a completely blank EPG. All I have tried so far is a ping test, which succeeds, and the Topfoiled informing me that it has downloaded the EPG, which it either hasn't, has received an empty download aka EPG, or has put it somewhere where we can't see it. So, in the next griping episode of "Lost in Cyberspace", is it ICE? Was the Topfoiled lying? Or just konfused? Is it the firmware going soft? Is it a sinister alien plot, or just a plain stuff up?

To see the answer, just highlight the episode in your EPG, and press OK. Oh, hang on, it's blank!

May I suggest that Topfield / ICE / or some of the more informed forum contributors post a sticky in the approporiate place in each forum that explains to the rest of us how it all works between ICE and the PVR, so we could at least do better than guess and kick for diagnostics. Presumably:
* The PVR pulls from ICE, at the PVR's discretion?
* Ice pushes to PVR whenever (after) a change is made by the user on ICE's website?
* But that won't happen unless the PVR is awake?
* What are the ICE pull events? Boot up? Wake up from standby? Ping test? Call EPG in normal use? Change EPG page?
* What are the ICE push events? User data change on server? or none?

Since we have all paid hundreds of dollars to be unknowingly apppointed as beta testers, wouldn't this information help all round?

tonymy01

Push would never work in a NAT environment unless you open up specific ports to your Toppy in the NAT router.   The Toppy/Wiz/whatever has to poll ICE to get updates, as the act of opening up a TCP "pipe" from the unit through your NAT router to ICE over the net ensures a nailed up pipe for a bit anyway.
Don't worry, we Beyonwiz users are equally kept in the dark about how the ICE voodoo magic works, but luckily for us it tends to work (only "gotya's" is when people receive two different RF broadcasts with the same LCNs, and setup faves group with the one that the ICE data *isn't* getting loaded into.   Once we, the user community, establish with them that this is the case, a quick delete of the poorer reception channels and ICE is back and working to their good channels).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: Ea5e on January 23, 2009, 09:45:05 AM
Presumably:
* The PVR pulls from ICE, at the PVR's discretion?
* Ice pushes to PVR whenever (after) a change is made by the user on ICE's website?
* But that won't happen unless the PVR is awake?
* What are the ICE pull events? Boot up? Wake up from standby? Ping test? Call EPG in normal use? Change EPG page?
* What are the ICE push events? User data change on server? or none?

• The PVR always pulls from IceTV, but the IceTV server will refuse to answer if it thinks the PVR has polled recently (usually refuses to respond if the last successful response was less than 30 minutes ago). Whether the IceTV server supplies data or refuses, it tells the PVR when it may next ask. This can be seen clearly in the logging information displayed on Beyonwiz PVRs.
  • The PVR always pulls, so pushes from the server never happen.
  • On bootup (which for Beyonwiz and Topfield HD PVRs is the same as wake from standby), and then after that at the next time the server says that the PVR should contact it. Sometimes the server changes the contact interval, and when the PVR contacts it next, it will be told to wait a little longer. The ping test only validates the username/password. It doesn't update the EPG, and I don't think it affects the next allowed EPG poll time. As far as I know no other PVR events attempt a pull from the server.
  • The PVR always pulls, so pushes from the server never happen.

The IceTV protocol is an incremental update, so normally only changes in the EPG and timers are exchanged. On the Beyonwiz, you can force a full update by using SETUP>System>Initialize>Clear IceGuideCache.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Ea5e

tonymy01 &  prl,
Thanks for that enlightenment, which is the way I suspected it had to work. Anyway, when I came home today, it had woken up, and the EPG is all there. I guess the other thing that fooled me was an error meesage that was correct!  :)