Life on Mars on Ten

Started by kroma, January 30, 2009, 02:14:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kroma

This is an American remake, but the guide is listing the cast from the british version.
Just give me the coffee, and no-one gets hurt!

mtb

Quote from: kroma on January 30, 2009, 02:14:58 PM
This is an American remake
Hmmm, now how do we take a great idea and series and totally screw it up...?

Somehow I don't see the concept translating well to the States but for the overseas market.  No Aussies I knew who saw the original thought much of it, only the ex-pats like us could fully appreciate all the nuances and subtleties.

Be nice if it worked but I just don't think it can - if they do it right, only ex-pats from the US will get all the references.
Beyonwiz DP-P2, Epson EH-TW5500, Pioneer VSXLX52 & BDP-320, Screen Technics 100” screen, WD Live TV x2, 6Tb NAS (Linux)
Beyonwiz DP-S1, VIERA TH-42PA60A
HTC Desire (rooted) Froyo
Topfield 5000MP

csutak40

Quote from: mtb on January 30, 2009, 05:33:21 PM
Quote from: kroma on January 30, 2009, 02:14:58 PM
This is an American remake
Hmmm, now how do we take a great idea and series and totally screw it up...?

Somehow I don't see the concept translating well to the States but for the overseas market.  No Aussies I knew who saw the original thought much of it, only the ex-pats like us could fully appreciate all the nuances and subtleties.

Be nice if it worked but I just don't think it can - if they do it right, only ex-pats from the US will get all the references.
Although I agree with you that I don't like the chances of this remake being any good (remakes rarely are) but here is one Aussie who did like the original. I may not have gotten all the nuances, but got enough to enjoy it
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

Mitch IceGuide

Thanks for the tip. In the process of addressing it now.

kroma

Thanks Mitch,

One minor quibble with the new listing... It's even worse than a Cassette, that's an eight track!    ;)
Just give me the coffee, and no-one gets hurt!