What happened to resend

Started by charlotte, January 28, 2009, 09:32:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlotte

Some of you will have read my dramas recently, which have largely been resolved and now I have my EPG back.  However even though I have resent all my information from my page on the internet, it isn't going to the Wiz.  If I individually cancel, then resend, then it works, eg the tennis.  However if I do a general "resend" nothing happens.  Consequently I've lost everything planned through IceTV program guide on the net.

Any ideas?

charlotte

On further checking, I note that that there is still no connection between my puter and the wiz, although I now have the epg back on the wiz.  What puter settings do I need to have to reset the connection between the Wiz and the puter?  I have no idea and have lost the original setup instructions.  It may be another thing that I need to change on the Wiz Settings page, but I don't know what?

tonymy01

If you have deleted the timers off the Wiz, you have effectively told ICE "I don't want that show for this week" and no amount of resending will work.   The only way for a series recording to get it to record again is to choose the show and choose the "record" option in the ICE Interactive webpages (not sure about the Widget).   This essentially says "ok, so ICE knows you have a series recording, and thinks you don't want the show for this week, but choosing the record option overrides this so it will record this week again".
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

prl

Quote from: charlotte on January 28, 2009, 11:00:30 PM
On further checking, I note that that there is still no connection between my puter and the wiz, although I now have the epg back on the wiz.  What puter settings do I need to have to reset the connection between the Wiz and the puter?  I have no idea and have lost the original setup instructions.  It may be another thing that I need to change on the Wiz Settings page, but I don't know what?

You can download the latest (though now rather dated) manual release from either the Beyonwiz downloads page or the WizTV support page (the latter is easier to use). Even though it's not really up-to-date any more, the online version of the manual is probably more up-to-date than the printed manual that came with your Beyonwiz.

When you say that "there is still no connection between my puter and the wiz" just what do you mean? Did this work before, and now doesn't work? Are you referring to viewing Windows Shares on your computer from the Beyonwiz? Using WizFX to transfer recordings from the Beyonwiz to the computer? What is your "puter"? PC running XP? Vista? Mac running OS X?
It's hard to help when pretty much all you say is "X doesn't work".

If you haven't set up networking between your computer and your Beyonwiz before, you may find the various Network Tips posts in Networking your Beyonwiz on the Beyonwiz forum useful alongside the fairly sparse instructions in the manual. There are tips for Windows XP, XP Pro, Vista and Mac OS X. The networking section on the Beyonwiz forum is probably a better place to ask about general Beyonwiz networking questions than here, though some of the Beyonwiz forum regulars are also regulars here.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

charlotte

Quote from: tonymy01 on January 29, 2009, 12:01:05 AM
If you have deleted the timers off the Wiz, you have effectively told ICE "I don't want that show for this week" and no amount of resending will work.   The only way for a series recording to get it to record again is to choose the show and choose the "record" option in the ICE Interactive webpages (not sure about the Widget).   This essentially says "ok, so ICE knows you have a series recording, and thinks you don't want the show for this week, but choosing the record option overrides this so it will record this week again".
Regards

No, I didn't delete the timers off the Wiz, it was only the epg that I lost.  However, when I press OK for 'check user info'  I get 'Network Connection Failed.  Check the network setting first.'  Up the top, the Iceguide then changes from 'enable' to 'disable' and the Iceguide status goes to a blank.  When I turn 'enable' back on, I get the epg working again.

charlotte

Quote from: prl on January 29, 2009, 09:34:25 AM
Quote from: charlotte on January 28, 2009, 11:00:30 PM

You can download the latest (though now rather dated) manual release from either the Beyonwiz downloads page or the WizTV support page (the latter is easier to use). Even though it's not really up-to-date any more, the online version of the manual is probably more up-to-date than the printed manual that came with your Beyonwiz.

When you say that "there is still no connection between my puter and the wiz" just what do you mean? Did this work before, and now doesn't work? Are you referring to viewing Windows Shares on your computer from the Beyonwiz? Using WizFX to transfer recordings from the Beyonwiz to the computer? What is your "puter"? PC running XP? Vista? Mac running OS X?
It's hard to help when pretty much all you say is "X doesn't work".

If you haven't set up networking between your computer and your Beyonwiz before, you may find the various Network Tips posts in Networking your Beyonwiz on the Beyonwiz forum useful alongside the fairly sparse instructions in the manual. There are tips for Windows XP, XP Pro, Vista and Mac OS X. The networking section on the Beyonwiz forum is probably a better place to ask about general Beyonwiz networking questions than here, though some of the Beyonwiz forum regulars are also regulars here.

My reply to tonymy01, not sure whether it's above or below this post, will answer some of your questions.  The puter is not networked, so it's not a networking issue.  Sorry, but I don't know what Windows Shares is.  All that happened was that I lost the epg when I changed some settings on the Wiz 'Setting' page, while trying to set up a network.  I've given up on the network for now.  I tried to change the settings back and successfully got the epg back, thanks to someone's advice on the previous topic of mine.

However it would appear that I've still got something wrong in the settings as I can't check 'user info' (not that I need to, but I think this is another symptom of my problem), ie speak from the Wiz to Ice, nor can I send data from my puter (eg please record x) to the Wiz.

So I'm beginning to think that it's a settings problem on the Wiz, rather than a 'resend' problem.  Will check out the urls you mentioned to see if I can rectify; as I said, I don't know what puter settings I need to have to reset the connection between the Wiz and the puter, so that I can check the User Info (Wiz to Ice) and record programs (Ice to Wiz).

tonymy01

You probably have free to air EPG then, rather than ICE EPG if your credentials don't check out in the check user info.
If you run a home router, all you need to do is setup the Wiz LAN to DHCP, and then check it gets an address from your router (red button will check the details).   If you use wireless, then you will need to scan for routers and/or put your wireless router SSID into the Wiz, and setup the security settings accordingly (including password).   A bit complex for someone who hasn't setup a network before, but really this is the only way to get anything to connect to a wireless router.
It sounds awefully like you don't have a network connection.   You could prove this by running WizFX on your PC and see if it can find the Wiz and see your recordings (make sure the WizPNP server is enabled on your Beyonwiz, keep the client disabled unless you have multiple Wiz's).
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

charlotte

Many thanks!!!   ;D. 

I had the DHCP on the wrong setting, so rechecked with the red button which found the wireless router and everything is back, all the data resent and my puter and Wiz talking again.  My problems all stemmed from changing the network settings on the Wiz when trying to set up the network, and then I couldn't remember what was where when I tried to return to the status quo.  I managed to get the program guide with the DHCP on the wrong setting, but nothing else.  Next time I'll make a note of all the settings first!

I'm running XP and had tried to set up the network manually as I couldn't put the usb drive into the router as it's an old one and doesn't have a usb port (the pic in XP looked like the router had a port in it).  According to XP I had to put all the numbers in manually and then it all went pear shaped.

Many tks again.