Canberra EPG

Started by dhromow, December 28, 2008, 01:51:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dhromow

I like the ICE guide and all BUT... why is there a lot of missing information {and wrong information} for Win SD and, in particular, Win HD...??? {Eg: It is saying that the Cricket is in HD but it has never been in this summer of cricket}

Can anyone provide guidance in this area...???   :'(

prl

I've already posted about the ACT HD Cricket entry here in the IceTV EPG Content forum.

The WIN problems generally are due to there being a High Court injunction on IceTV preventing them from using published TV guides to correct their EPG, as part of a breach of copyright suit being pursued by Nine against IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Madeleine IceGuide

Quote from: dhromow on December 28, 2008, 01:51:51 PM
I like the ICE guide and all BUT... why is there a lot of missing information {and wrong information} for Win SD and, in particular, Win HD...??? {Eg: It is saying that the Cricket is in HD but it has never been in this summer of cricket}

Can anyone provide guidance in this area...???   :'(

Hi

As an affiliate station, WIN is subject to the same legal restrictions on EPG data as Channel Nine.

We make every effort to compile an accurate guide for WIN but it can be more of a challenge for the simple reason that we aren't located in a regional area. If you notice any errors (while watching live TV) then we will try to incorporate this information into future scheduling. Also, we currently advise subscribers regularly update their guide to receive the latest info on 9/WIN. You'll find that many of the "N/A" notifications within the guide are replaced with programs closer to the airdate. 

Apologies re. the cricket. That was our bad. We made an educated guess that it would be on WIN HD since it's being broadcast in HD in capital cities. HD is available but for some reason (a technical limitation?) WIN isn't delivering this to regional areas.

It's been removed now and will only appear on the SD channel from today onwards.

Thanks