McLeod's Daughters

Started by Trial_Master, December 18, 2008, 11:50:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trial_Master

This Saturday there is two episodes of McLeod's Daughters on NINE (same as last week). ICE Interactive had both episodes in their guide earlier in the week but has replaced the 8:30pm episode with Wife Swap.

According to your Ninemsn & YourTV guides there is still two ep.s this week

Can you please check and adjust if necessary?

Madeleine IceGuide

Hi

We will definitely keep an eye on this program, however Channel 9's own ads have promoted Mcleod's Daughters at 9.30pm this Saturday, not 8.30pm.

FYI, for legal reasons we cannot use information subscribers have gleaned from third party television guides to amend EPG data for Channel Nine and affiliates. If however you see a promo that contradicts what you see in the guide then we are always happy to take that information on board.

Thanks

Trial_Master

Does Channels Nines own guide at ninemsn count as third party?

prl

Quote from: Trial_Master on December 18, 2008, 12:56:38 PM
Does Channels Nines own guide at ninemsn count as third party?

No.

They're probably the worst possible source for IceTV, because Nine is suing IceTV over just this sort of use of the Nine guide. As I understand it, there's even a specific Federal Court injunction against IceTV that prevents them from using Nine's guide information in this sort of way. That's why IceTV is very careful about where the information about program changes comes from.

Third party means things like station promotions of the program that contain, directly or indirectly, information about program changes.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Trial_Master

Okay. Just seems odd when it was in Interactive and then taken out. The Timer has been removed from my BW too. I'm heading to WA for Xmas on Saturday so I better create a manual timer on BW for my wife, she loves McLeods and I don't want to miss it because of an EPG issue.

Thanks for the info

Madeleine IceGuide

Ninemsn & YourTV are both classified as third party TV guides, and thus restricted. Information from live TV, including on-air promotions, is not.

We keep a close eye on Channel 9 promos. This means we sometimes change things before the other guides do. Mcleod's Daughters was amended for a 9.30pm start after observing an on-air promotion.

I expect the other guides will catch up soon.

cheers

edit: Also, if your wife really wants to get McLeod's Daughters, I'd advise padding your recording by at least 30 mins. The cricket finished about 35 minutes late last night and the same thing might happen on Saturday.

Neon Kitten

Quote from: Madeleine IceGuide on December 18, 2008, 06:28:54 PM
Ninemsn & YourTV are both classified as third party TV guides, and thus restricted. Information from live TV, including on-air promotions, is not.

For future reference, Madeleine, is schedule change info from informed blogs such as TV Tonight unrestricted?

edit: Also, if your wife really wants to get McLeod's Daughters, I'd advise padding your recording by at least 30 mins. The cricket finished about 35 minutes late last night and the same thing might happen on Saturday.

Yes, I was VERY lucky to get home and turn on the TV right away, so I noticed that my scheduled recording of Gossip Girl was about to time out yet the show was still going, and ended up running another 40 minutes..!

By the way, both Wednesday and Thursday night, Temptation has been on at midnight unannounced. The scheduled episode of Seinfeld did not run.

Nine's a mess at the moment.

Trial_Master

Quote from: Madeleine IceGuide on December 18, 2008, 06:28:54 PM

Thanks for the tip  :)

csutak40

Quote from: prl on December 18, 2008, 02:00:40 PM

That's why IceTV is very careful about where the information about program changes comes from.

I just had a thought.  If a member here tells about a program change and don't say where they got the info from, could IceGuide be held accountable for using the info?
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on December 19, 2008, 01:07:16 PM
Quote from: prl on December 18, 2008, 02:00:40 PM

That's why IceTV is very careful about where the information about program changes comes from.

I just had a thought.  If a member here tells about a program change and don't say where they got the info from, could IceGuide be held accountable for using the info?

I doubt it. I think they need to be able to show that the information didn't come from a source that they aren't permitted to use. Whenever someone posts about a programming change without indicating where it came from, IceTV staff almost always respond by asking about the source.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing