Xmas ICETV offer.

Started by JPP, December 08, 2008, 05:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

Hi Matt,

A terrific offer - well done. I think that at the $1 per week (or slightly less now at $49 per year), you've reached the critical acceptance point for a subscription. Here's hoping that this will fire up many people that have been sitting on the fence to take the plunge.

Just a small question on the Renewal application that I filled in.

I ticked the box:   

"Renew my subscription when it expires".

The line directly below this reads: 

"Your credit card will be automatically billed $49.00 for future renewals."

I take this to mean that from now on, each 12 months period will be billed at $49.00. Have I correctly interpreted that?

Also, I note that on my Personal Detail page that I cannot deselect all of the 3 period renewal options and the 12 month option still shows the $89.00 price. I take it that this is a system error that will be fixed up in due course?

Thanks again for a terrific offer.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

Marc

Sorry, the $49 renewal price in 12 months was listed incorrectly. It will be $89, or maybe lower if we have another sale on at the time.

The text has been changed so that it shouldn't lead to any confusion. If your account auto-renews during the sale it will be for $49 though.

Thanks.

Vortical

I'm sure the places will dissappear fast it's too good a offer to pass on that's for sure.

Thanks IceTV  ;D

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: JPP on December 08, 2008, 05:16:46 PM
A terrific offer - well done. I think that at the $1 per week (or slightly less now at $49 per year), you've reached the critical acceptance point for a subscription. Here's hoping that this will fire up many people that have been sitting on the fence to take the plunge.

Thanks JPP. Our pricing is often an issue for some customers and we regularly offer discount promotions on subscriptions via emails, forum posts, magazine competitions and so on in order to give these customers a chance to get IceTV at a greatly reduced cost. Obviously today's Christmas deal is a good example of this.

We would love nothing more than to lower the cost of our subscriptions but unfortunately our internal costs to produce the IceTV EPG without any cooperation from the major and regional commercial TV networks is still very high and labour intensive, in addition to the cost of continually adding new and exciting features to constantly evolve our service for users.

The cost of our 12 month auto-renew product has indeed changed to $49 during the time of this promotion, but will then default to the regular $89 price point as you have seen in your My Account settings. The message that you saw was automatically generated by our system using the price of the 12 month auto-renew product and was an error that has now been fixed.

We apologise for any confusion or inconvenience caused. Who knows, if we keep seeing a response like what we have seen today then perhaps the $49 price point will remain for much longer. At this stage we are looking like we will have to extend the offer to another 500 customers so that everyone has a chance to take advantage of the deal and save some cash this Christmas

Cheers,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Kermiac

I would like to say a HUGE "thankyou" for this early christmas present. I was having a hard time justifying the cost of a tv guide subscription to the Minister of War & Finances (A.K.A "the wife") as she is yet to fully understand & utilise icetv interactive (although I VERY regularly use this feature & am slowly showing her how!)

At less than $1 a week, it was a WHOLE lot easier to justify & I snapped up a 12 months renewal!

You've just made my day, thanks!  ;D ;D

kheven

Thanks for the awesome offer IceTV  :D

I took it up straight away without hesitation.

Have a great holiday

crankcase

Bugger, just paid $99 to renew 5 days ago :(

bodogbodog

Great Offer guys - much appreciated!
I've taken the liberty of telling a few close friends over on Whirlpool  ;D - that should help get those 500 subscriptions sold!
Beyonwiz V2: 4 HDTV Tuners, 16gb SD + unRaid 10TB NAS + IceTV Skippa (for old times sake - make me an offer and it's yours!)
Beyonwiz V2: 2 HDTV Tuners - spare

prl

Quote from: crankcase on December 08, 2008, 07:50:59 PM
Bugger, just paid $99 to renew 5 days ago :(

You can always extend by another year for $49.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: Kermiac on December 08, 2008, 06:28:02 PM
I would like to say a HUGE "thankyou" for this early christmas present....You've just made my day, thanks!  ;D ;D

Quote from: kheven on December 08, 2008, 07:08:54 PM
Thanks for the awesome offer IceTV  :D I took it up straight away without hesitation.

Quote from: bodogbodog on December 08, 2008, 08:01:33 PM
Great Offer guys - much appreciated!
I've taken the liberty of telling a few close friends over on Whirlpool  ;D - that should help get those 500 subscriptions sold!

It is our pleasure and we can't thank you all enough for your continued support. The 500 went in just over 4 hours. So we have now extended it by another 1000 in the hope that everyone can get a chance to take advantage of this great offer.

It is great to see the wider community supporting the local little guy in all of this. We might not havie the marketing dollars that Freeivew and TiVo have at their disposal... but we certainly have the customer's interest at heart.

Thanks again and Merry Christmas.

Cheers,

mattk

General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

xanthi

Nice discount! Much appreciated IceTV

Now a quick question: my quarterly is running out on 9 January 2009. Will the annual top-up be added to the months subscription given me thirteen (13) months or do I lose for what I paid for previously?

Thanks and

Cheers

Vortical

Quote from: xanthi on December 09, 2008, 11:56:50 AM
Nice discount! Much appreciated IceTV

Now a quick question: my quarterly is running out on 9 January 2009. Will the annual top-up be added to the months subscription given me thirteen (13) months or do I lose for what I paid for previously?

Thanks and

Cheers

It certainly does, I'd topped mine up for 3 months till March 2009 and used the $49 offer which brings it to March 2010

gleff

I'm currently on the free trial and i'm trying to take advantage of the discount but my CC keeps getting declined.  I have the funds, and believe the problem was due to a Transact Plus issue the ANZ was having yesterday.  I believe it's supposed to be fixed but it's still declining my ANZ CC which has lots of available funds. 

Is anyone else having this issue?  Can IceTV please look into ANZ cards failing. I'm willing to bet other ANZ card holders will be having the same issue. 

BTW.. The Contact us link on the website doesn't work.

Vortical

I have an ANZ Credit Card and had no problems yesterday.

But I've never used Transact plus

tonymy01

I used an ANZ visa yesterday no probs too.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).