ICETV causing BeyonWiz P1's to crash?

Started by JPP, November 15, 2008, 10:16:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JPP

Tonight a number of people on the Beyonwiz Forum, including myself, have found their Wizs crashing. See here for full details:

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=41809#41809

In a nutshell, if the Wiz is disconnected from the net, the crashing appears to stop.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

All of us are in NSW - other states appear not to have the problem.
Phil.
Beyonwiz T2, DVDO Duo Video Processor

JPP

Quote from: JPP on November 15, 2008, 10:16:48 PM
Tonight a number of people on the Beyonwiz Forum, including myself, have found their Wizs crashing. See here for full details:

http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?p=41809#41809

In a nutshell, if the Wiz is disconnected from the net, the crashing appears to stop.

Is anyone else having the same problem?

All of us are in NSW - other states appear not to have the problem.
It has now been pretty well confirmed that ICETV is the problem. One suggestion is it could be related to the ICETV Guide being larger than 1MB (for Sydney viewers this evening/day). Apparently, the latest Wiz Beta FW is now able to read/run with Guide sizes exceeding 1MB.
Phil.

prl

One workaround is to disable IceTV, delete any TV services that you're not using, clear the IceTV cache, and then re-enable IceTV.

If that doesn't work, disable IceTV.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

JPP

Quote from: prl on November 16, 2008, 09:27:07 AM
One workaround is to disable IceTV, delete any TV services that you're not using, clear the IceTV cache, and then re-enable IceTV.

Tonymy01 has just confirmed that the Sydney EPG data (chans 2,3,7,10 SD and HD) was well below 1MB in size for yesterday's EPG. If that is the case, what else in the EPG data stream and or Timer setting data could have caused the problem?
Phil.

ughboot

I had been having the same problem since friday night.
Looks like its been fixed, I just tried a few minutes ago and all seems ok.

prl

Quote from: JPP on November 16, 2008, 09:42:24 AM
Quote from: prl on November 16, 2008, 09:27:07 AM

Tonymy01 has just confirmed that the Sydney EPG data (chans 2,3,7,10 SD and HD) was well below 1MB in size for yesterday's EPG. If that is the case, what else in the EPG data stream and or Timer setting data could have caused the problem?
I don't know. Tony saw the file form of the dat as about 0.5MB. I don't knoe whether the 1MB limit applies to that of in the internal form that it's held in Beyonwiz memory.

It's quite possible that the 1MB limit was not the cause of the problem, but something actually in the data.

Disabling IceTV, clearing the cache, and re-enabling it seems to be most likely to succeed, but there still seem to be some people having problems even after doing that.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

AdrianaChe

It's now Monday and I've also had this problem since Sunday afternoon (some people have mentioned the problem since Sat night but it was fine here then).

I'm in the Sydney region and have the latest firmware installed.

I bypassed the problem by disabling the IceTv guide.

I just tried enabling IceTv to see if the glitch is fixed but the problem is occurring.

Will keep it disabled until I read a post from admin that they know of and can help fix the problem.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Firstly, the bigger IceTV regions at this stage will be the regional areas like Wollongong or the Central Coast as they will have both the Sydney channels and the channels for that region (the Sydney region only has the Sydney channels).

On Friday afternoon a change was made to have SBS HD populated from SBS SD by default (even with the "Copy SD shows to HD channels" option off) as unlike ABC everything gets 'up-scaled' for SBS HD. It seems that a side effect of this is that duplicates started to build up in the SBS HD guide listings, while this was happening this would have pushed even the Sydney guide feed to over 1MB (and definitely would have done so for the regional feeds given that they are bigger to start with). Unfortunately this wasn't noticed until very late Saturday night and so Sunday morning the changes were reverted and the duplicates were removed. This should have brought the guide information back under this 1MB limit, hopefully once the new firmware gets released and the limit is increased this won't be a problem in the future (especially with at least two new confirmed channels for next year, with possibly more to come).

Unfortunately it also appears that it took a bit longer to find as only the Beyonwiz was affected.

Either way you should safely be able to re-enable the IceTV Guide now.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

JPP

Phil.