New feature: RSS feeds for My Upcoming Shows and searches

Started by Marc, November 05, 2008, 11:56:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marc

We've just added three new RSS feeds to the IceTV Interactive pages. If you're a regular RSS user, this is probably good news. If you don't currently use an RSS reader or don't know what an RSS feed is, don't sweat. You may not personally use this service, but it should open up some possibilities for enterprising developers, allowing for some interesting 3rd party uses and applications.

My Upcoming Shows RSS feed
This RSS feed contains all the shows in My Upcoming Shows, including favourites, single recordings and series recordings set via IceTV Interactive. To find the link for this feed, go to My Upcoming Shows, then click on the "My Upcoming Shows RSS" link at the top of the page. This should launch your RSS reader or view the RSS feed in your browser, if you have that capability (we recommend Firefox, Safari and Google Reader).

TV guide search RSS feed
It's also possible to search for something on the IceTV Interactive TV guide page, then view the search as an RSS feed by clicking on "Subscribe to an RSS feed for this search" (saving the RSS feed will depend on which reader you're using).

You will be notified when shows matching certain keywords you set appear in the next 7 days, allowing you to then go ahead and schedule them to record on your device at home.

My Upcoming Shows search RSS feed
For completeness, we've also included the ability to search on the My Upcoming Shows page and save that as an RSS feed too. Just search for something on your My Upcoming Shows, then click on the "Subscribe to an RSS feed for this search" link.

We have a few aces left up our sleeves for 2008, so stay tuned for more exciting features.

Also, while we're on the subject of RSS feeds, why not subscribe to our IceTV news feed to stay up to date with everything we're up to?

Discuss this feature