Installation Problem - Will not Download latest TV listings

Started by cavok, September 09, 2008, 05:44:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cavok

G'day All

Having changed over from using MyEPG to IceTV, I get the error message "Unable to download latest TV listings - will use the previous setup information" when trying to set up the guide. MYEPG worked OK (changed to Ice due to better EPG reliability). Using Vista.

When the guide attempted to download this afternoon, I received the message "Download Error - A TV listings provider must be selected...".

Any ideas?

I have attempted to ininstall IceTV and reinstall with the same problem.

Rgds

CAVOK

Russell at IceTV

Hi,

I assume you've already gone through our setup guide for Vista (especially steps 2a through 2f)?

I also wonder if maybe you have a new Vista machine that might have "Fiji" installed on it.  Fiji is Microsoft's codename for their new "Windows Media Center TV Pack", which contains some improvements for Vista's Media Center.  Unfortunately we aren't supporting Fiji yet, but we're working on it as a highest priority.

To check whether your computer has the Windows Media Center TV Pack installed, follow these steps:

• Start Windows Media Center.
  • In the Start window, scroll to Tasks, click Settings, and then click General.
  • Click About Windows Media Center, and then click Software Version.

If the version is 6.1.1000.18273, you are running the Windows Media Center TV Pack.

If the version number is 6.0.6001.18000, you are not running the Windows Media Center TV Pack. You are running the version of Windows Media Center that is included in Windows Vista or in Windows Vista SP1, and it should be compatible with IceTV.

cavok

G'day Russell

Thanks for your quick reply.

The version is 6.0.6001.18000, and yes, I did follow the setup instructions exactly.

The only difference is that after setup point 2e in your guide, I have an additional setup step titled "Download TV Setup Options". I then get the message "Download Failure". This error did not happen with MyEPG, and this step allowed me to select Oztivo, etc as my guide data.

I am suspecting that the previous EPG setup from My EPG is affecting the IceTV setup.

Rgds

CAVOK

starkg

I'm experiencing a similar problem.

The setup is a new HTPC, Mediacenter is 6.0.6001.18000, and yes, I believe I have followed all of the instructions correctly.

However, no matter what I do, I only see listings for the ABC channels. Everything else is "No Data Available", and programs that I have scheduled for recording using Interactive do not ever come across to the HTPC either.

Your online help sugegsts a cure for this problem. Sadly, it fails to address the problem.

Let's just say that I am unimpressed with Mediacenter - it's too top-heavy with way too many features that I'll never use - and the failed integration with Ice TV leaves me less than lukewarm.

cavok

G'day All

I have basically had to go back to a reinstall of Vista to fix the problem, which has take a few hours to complete. I still receive the "Unable to download latest TV listings" error message when I try to set up the guide, but I still am able to update the guide (hich has fixed the problem).

I think that the problem was because of my previous setup, even though I followed the IceTV setup exactly.

Rgds

CAVOK

freddyfinn

I assume you applied the reg fixes for Vista.  If you have not done this yet and you are running SP1 there is no need to install the Hotfixes just the reg patches. 
The reg patches are "disable service discovery" and "disable opportunistic scanning" attached below.

Cheers,