Widget/Media Centre

Started by csutak40, October 16, 2008, 02:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

csutak40

Not sure if this is the correct section for this.  I have noticed this before, but now I am 100% sure. I used to sometimes set the recording through the MC and sometimes the widget, but was told it is best to always use the widget, which is what I do now.  I set up a widget to record a series (Law & Order Criminal Intent in this case) and it does quite nicely for weeks, then disappears. At first I thought it may be a repeat (I marked it first run) but no, it isn't marked as repeat.  So, I went to set it up to record again, but it didn't register at all.  No red dot.  Why is it so?  ???  Other shows are still marked and being recorded.
Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

tonymy01

OK, having had some crazy behaviour for the weeks worth of timers that were set in the days before DST, but set to start after DST, I may be able to explain the silly behaviour a bit.
If you delete any timers from the PVR, this tells ICE "I don't want to record this show for this week" so ICE deletes it from their end as well, and won't resend it for that week.   You have to go into the ICE interface, and choose "record" (as it is still a series record, and gives series record cancel options, but no series record create options effectively, but the "record" option is a one time option also offered in the Interactive Web pages).  You are best to use the webpage rather than the widget, as it gives more feedback (in a non-intuitive place mind you) if something is rejected.
And try to not delete or add series related timers on the PVR interface, as it tends to confuse things a little I think.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).