GB-PVR + ICE Guide?

Started by dJOS, December 03, 2005, 12:27:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dJOS

Hi All,
      has anyone tried to run GB-PVR + ICE Guide?

Im thinking of playing with GB-PVR on my HTPC and if anyone has gotten ICE to work with it I was wondering if you could let me know what is involved and how well it worked for you.

Derek.
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

oster

I have been using GBPVR for several months now and using a free guide grabber that has recently stopped working (http://www.xpmediacentre.com.au/community/australian-tv-guide/12741-future-dugg-other-grabbers.html). Until now it was really a great set-up and worked without a hitch (except for the occassional lack of guide data as the grabber was being updated). I am going to subscribe to IceGuide now and see how it goes. As long as I can get an XML file for GBPVR to read it should work just fine. I'll let you know.

oster

OK - tried it last night and it works a treat. I used the media portal set-up guide to help me configure the webget.exe fetcher, pointed GB-PVR at the xml output and high-ho-a-did-lio off we go. I'll report back at the end of the trial to confirm that I had no problems.

oster

I should add that I run the 'getice.bat' as a 'scheduled task' every two days. So far so good. Let me know if anyone wants a step-by-step guide to setting IceGuide up with GB-PVR.

ajst2duk

Yep Oster, I would be keen?
AJ

dJOS

Quote from: ajst2duk on July 23, 2009, 10:47:05 AM
Yep Oster, I would be keen?
AJ

This thread is from 2006!!!  ::)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

ajst2duk

Oops - bad one  >:(
I've got it sorted now -  :) :)