Missing timers

Started by wally3218, October 02, 2008, 07:50:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wally3218

I have had some timers set yesterday go missing or not sent to my TF7100 and am using firmware V1.11.09 for tonight shows.
Does the IceTv guide show the shows that are going to be recorded ie. showing the R in the guide.
Or do I have to check the timmers in the settings menu everytime to confirm that they have been sent.

Regards,

Wally
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Topfield TF7100HDPVRt firmware released.

More information available in our new section at http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=221
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

timbertron

I have installed the last Topfield firmware and I still have shows not being sent to my Topfield. To be exact I have set up to record both Today Tonight and A Current Affair on series record and it just doesnt get sent to my Topfield. I've set it up and rescheduled it a few times with no success. All the other programs are being sent (with the exception of First Australians which I cant even get Ice TV to accept that I have selected it to record!!!!). Why would this be happening?

hallycat

I have had this happen too with the new firmware released. Also, I am finding the error message on the website for programs set to record but they do in fact record and remain in my timer list on the PVR.
Also occasionally I get a timer with no name in it.
This new firmware is still buggy with the PVR hanging on run on start up.

ziutek

Quote from: hallycat on November 03, 2008, 12:39:27 PM

This new firmware is still buggy with the PVR hanging on run on start up.

My is hanging as well. During automatic startup or when current running record has been just recorded while I'm watching the same record from HD (internal).

gadgetchick

I am also running latest firmware and finding that timers are not being sent....   or I should say 'some' timers are not being sent.  The remain 'scheduled' in interactive and never get to my device. :'(

hipi

Quote from: gadgetchick on November 10, 2008, 12:11:14 PM
I am also running latest firmware and finding that timers are not being sent....   or I should say 'some' timers are not being sent.  The remain 'scheduled' in interactive and never get to my device. :'(

I'm having this exact same issue! Some recordings not turning up on the toppy, even after a day or two, its very random because others will turn up the same day. Running the latest firmware also.

gadgetchick

I deleted my interactive device on the webpage and re-added it (a couple of times...)
I haven't had any problems with timers since (touch's wood..)    I also avoid turning off the toppy!

hipi

I only turn off my toppy if it's frozen (my old one did that about once every 3 months or so  ;D)
I've just done as you suggested, deleted the interactive device from the webpage. I waited about half an hour, then I readded it and readded my recordings and VOILA! All there now!
Thanks heaps gadgetchick!

Vortical

Did either of you try to delete and recreate the same timers on the IceTV website in quick succession within a week before the problem occurred?

gadgetchick

Well, my own advice isn't working for me...    I'm getting no timers being sent at all.  It just stopped working. Ever since I took up the xmas bonus subscription offer - but I don't think that should be relevant...    ;)

I've deleted the device, re-added, re setup the timers, but they sit there queued and never make it to my device.  EPG is working fine.  Ping test ok.  Any other suggestions?  Tech  support, if you're reading this, can you see anything wrong?

prl

Quote from: gadgetchick on January 06, 2009, 09:54:44 PM
Well, my own advice isn't working for me...    I'm getting no timers being sent at all.  It just stopped working. Ever since I took up the xmas bonus subscription offer - but I don't think that should be relevant...    ;)
I took up the Christmas bonus offer, and my timers are working just fine.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

ckug

I just found this site and now I feel ripped off. Everyone seems to be having problems with the 7100. I am thinking of asking for my money back.
To cut a long story short, I have had the unit for over a month now and to say it has caused frustration is an understatement. I am not that computer savvy and have had no end of dramas just setting the thing up and then getting it on my home network. When a friend in IT came and checked things he found the communication between the toppy and computer to be very erratic and slow and dropping out all the time. I decided to flick the wireless and go cable, hoping this would solve communication issues, but no.
Mine will go fine with series records for a week or even 2 sometimes, then out of the blue it decides not to record something that has been recording for weeks. I get that great little icon exclamation mark saying recording failed on the device topfield.
Also like you guys, timers that have been in the timer list for 3-4 days set from ice interactive, miraculously disappear sometime before the show starts.
I am getting to my limit with this machine. If anyone has a solution please share.

gadgetchick

Well, I give up.  After accidentally switching the topfield off and on the timers are now getting sent.  Doesn't make sense to me since the EPG was happily being updated so why not the timers.  Anyway its working - for now.

ckug, to be honest, after the initial problems getting wireless to work I'm quite happy with my topfield and with IceTV. (Im on a 3G network, not by choice,  and wireless LAN) Sure the intermittent timers problem is frustrating, but overall my experience is a positive one.  I'm so happy to pause tv while I make a latte - which takes longer than the ad breaks, then skips the ads and be able to rewind to hear a line I missed.  Plus I've discovered a world of programs that I didn't know were on because they are not listed in the regular TV guide...   

Cheers
Vicki

ckug

Yes I know we are a bit spoilt now with what we can actually do with this technology, and I really do think this unit is fantastic when it works, I just wish they would sort the problems out sooner rather than later and stop frustrating the consumer, it cant be good publicity for Topfield and I am sure they will lose many sales just because of the amount of frustration aired over forums like this.
Chris.