Bug in Interactive icons display?

Started by deangelj, September 20, 2008, 04:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deangelj

Hi - I have a series recording for a program and it is a favourite as well  - however the icon is displayed only as a favourite and not with the record button. If I expand the section I get an option to cancel the recording so it is a known recording.

Is this a known issue?

cheers,
John

kidhazy

John,

I've reported this through to Ice TV (Case 9024) as I'm getting this on 2 particular shows on ABC HD. 

The timers get set on the Topfield, but the recording icon indicators disappear on Interactive.  I've also had the occasion where the timers were set on the Topfield, but Interactive icon was still set as "queued".

Latest reply from Matt at ICE TV was "this does look like an issue that we are currently resolving with Topfield and should hopefully be fixed in an upcoming firmware update."
Thanks,
kidhazy.

kidhazy

John,

Can you tell me if in your circumstances that Recording icon appears on the "My Shows", "Most Popular" or "Recommendations" screens?

They do in my case - it's just the "TV Guide" and "My Upcoming Shows" screens that don't show the Recording icon for certain shows.

Thanks,
kidhazy.

Matt at IceTV

Hi Guys,

From the reports I am getting from those testing the new TF7100 it looks like the Topfield was failing to send the right information back to our IceTV server at times. This caused the wrong icon to appear, or the icon not changing from a queued state to a recorded state and so on.

The good news is that the Topfield engineers are working with our engineers in person as we speak to go through all the bugs one-by-one and we are hoping that a new firmware will be made available by Topfield next week sometime as a result.

Fingers crossed we will finally have something that reliably supports all of the IceTV Interactive features soon.

Regards,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

kidhazy

Thanks for the update Matt.

Great to see ICE and Topfield working together on this one to get the best result for us.

Many thanks.
Thanks,
kidhazy.