7100 has no icetv label

Started by ziutek, September 17, 2008, 07:44:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziutek

Hi Guys,

I'm evaluating icetv account as well, as the new 7100 box. For some reason I'm getting "NONE" label from IceTV, any idea why?

After a week I lost EPG guide, this is another funny thing. Is empty, but I'm getting timers correctly.

Regards
Z.

ziutek

Maybe it's just a coincidence but today I've got my Ice label for the very first time!

Matt at IceTV

Quote from: ziutek on September 17, 2008, 07:44:47 AM
Hi Guys,

I'm evaluating icetv account as well, as the new 7100 box. For some reason I'm getting "NONE" label from IceTV, any idea why?

After a week I lost EPG guide, this is another funny thing. Is empty, but I'm getting timers correctly.

Regards
Z.

Hi ziutek,

There are still some minor issues & bugs with the current Topfield firmware update we are testing. As soon as we are satisfied that Topfield have produced a stable firmware update that can reliably support all of IceTV's EPG and Interactive features we will notifiy everyone. The great news is that Topfield have recently flown out some of their engineers from Korea and are actively looking to fix the problem as soon as possible.

At present, we are recommending that customer do not waste their Free 3 month subscription to IceTV (received with any TF7100 product purchase), until we give everyone the green light. Any evaluation you may be doing based on the current firmware may not necessarily be an accurate representation of the true capabilities of IceTV on the Topfield TF7100.

Regards,

mattk
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

wally3218

Quote from: mattk on September 25, 2008, 10:39:08 AM
Quote from: ziutek on September 17, 2008, 07:44:47 AM
Hi Guys,

Regards
Z.

Hi ziutek,

There are still some minor issues & bugs with the current Topfield firmware update we are testing. As soon as we are satisfied that Topfield have produced a stable firmware update that can reliably support all of IceTV's EPG and Interactive features we will notifiy everyone. The great news is that Topfield have recently flown out some of their engineers from Korea and are actively looking to fix the problem as soon as possible.

At present, we are recommending that customer do not waste their Free 3 month subscription to IceTV (received with any TF7100 product purchase), until we give everyone the green light. Any evaluation you may be doing based on the current firmware may not necessarily be an accurate representation of the true capabilities of IceTV on the Topfield TF7100.

Regards,

mattk

If your saying "we are recommending that customer do not waste their Free 3 month subscription to IceTV (received with any TF7100 product purchase)"
What about customers who have paid for this service and are using their TF7100 , shouldnt they be able to have extra time credited to there purchased subscription untill it all working properly.

Regards,

Wally
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

Primordial

Is there any progress on the Topfield firmware - does anyone know?

Matt at IceTV

Sorry guys... still no news yet on the release of a reliable firmware from Topfield that supports IceTV Interactive.

Quote from: wally3218 on October 02, 2008, 02:10:06 PM
What about customers who have paid for this service and are using their TF7100 , shouldnt they be able to have extra time credited to there purchased subscription untill it all working properly.

Happy to discuss extending free trial accounts for those that are actively testing out any firmware releases made by Topfield as part of the Beta Group. Please take the time to contact us via our website or on 1300 654 803 to discuss. Having said this we still do not recommend any customers to activate their free gift subscriptions if they intend to run IceTV on a Topfield TF7100 until a suitable firmware is availalbe.

From correspondence with Topfield we expect this development to be completed in the near future and as soon as we have had adequate time to test their latest software we will email you so that you can start your free 3 month subscription. We want to ensure that you get the best experience from IceTV and from your free subscription.

If you have further questions regarding the progress we suggest you call Topfield directly on 1300 766 440 as unfortunately we have no control or influence over the development time needed to complete this work.

We apologise for any inconvenience this delay from Topfield may cause and we will notify you of the good news as soon as we can.

Regards,

IceTV
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

glennbec

Hi ICE TV,

Can you please place a post up as soon as you hear anything about the new 7100 firmware. 

What is the latest firmware that you are aware of?  i have heard of a 1.0.17 Beta.  Can you comment on if this is more stable than 1.0.15?

It would be great if ICE TV could credit its customers back who are using the ICE TV service but are unable to get it working on the 7100.  Even if was a free 3 month trial, we still actually paid for it as part of the cost of the 7100.  Hope you understand our concerns.

Thanks

Glenn

Matt at IceTV

Hi Glenn,

We completely understand everyones concerns and as I have said from the outset, we do not recommend any Topfield TF7100 owner from trying to run IceTV on their device until a stable firmware is available that reliably supports IceTV.

We will notify everyone the minute a new firmware is available and will deal with customers individually regarding free trial & account extensions.

We are currently testing 1.0.21 and it seems to be almost there in terms of supporting IceTV features. We have reported a couple of minor fixes needed to Topfield and are awaiting a new version.

Quote from: glennbec on October 08, 2008, 10:12:40 PM
What is the latest firmware that you are aware of?  i have heard of a 1.0.17 Beta.  Can you comment on if this is more stable than 1.0.15?

We do not recommend you try to run IceTV on any firmware version. Let our team test it and then when we are satisfied... we will notify you of when and where to get the necessary firmware. That way you get the best IceTV / TF7100 experience from the outset.

Regards,

IceTV
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Topfield TF7100HDPVRt firmware released.

More information available in our new section at http://www.icetv.com.au/news/?p=221
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

wally3218

Finally at last thanks for the heads up IceTV
SONY KLV40S200 - 40 inch S series Bravia LCD TV
SONY DVPNS78H - DVD PLAYER
TOPFIELD TRF 2460
TOPFIELD TF7100PVRT
TOPFIELD TF5000PVRT
WDTV Live Streaming
Billion7300GRA  Windows 7 64bit

timbertron

OK so this firmware doesnt work. I tried installing it but it simply didnt update anything. Still says I have the old firmware, even after factory reset. Upon trying to update the firmware again the unit froze and I had to unplug it from the wall. When I plugged it back in it started turning itself off and on every 20-30 secs until I pulled the USB out of the unit. Then I tried to update again and it failed everytime. And now the firmware isnt on the topfield website anymore. What is going on?????

So I re-downloaded the new zip file on the Topfield site and the update file was now 10.5MB as opposed to 10.6MB which the first downloaded file was. The unit fails every time I try to update it. In fact if I turn the unit on with the USB already plugged in it will constantly re-boot itself every 30 secs. With the USB out its ok. After failing the update the unit can then no longer find the file on the USB if I try and update it. This firmware or my unit is a dud. Either way I'm not happy.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Unfortunately there seems to have been a problem with the file when uploaded to the Topfield server. We have been in contact with Topfield to advise them and they are taking down the current file.

At this stage it looks like the correct firmware will be added back to the Topfield website tomorrow during the day.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The correct firmware is online now, if you download the current file is correct.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Primordial

Erm, okaay so what did we download and install to our devices yesterday then??  ???