EyeTV 3.1

Started by jsarsero, February 20, 2009, 04:45:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jsarsero

Since upgrading to EyeTV 3.1 (4513) a couple of weeks ago, the IceTV EPG no longer updates. I receive the following error message: UPDATE REFUSED BY SERVER (TOO MANY REQUESTS). I have tried multiple times at all hours of the day and night over the last two weeks. Remote scheduling also does not update. This is happening on two Mac Minis. Everything was fine before the update to EyeTV 3.1. Any suggestions?

wfdonald

Same here. Just says to run the setup again.

ncsa

It appears that the 3.1 update changes or breaks the channel association with IceTV EPG.  In the channel section re-associate the EPG guide to IceTV, a prompt should be presented to select the appropriate channel and from there the EPG guide should return as normal.  Then the updates can be run once per day .. the refuse by server .. message is due to trying to pull the EPG down more than once per day.

This sorted out the same issue I had as described above.
Elgato EyeTV Hybrid - eyetv3.1

wfdonald

If you rename the channels you lose the guide.

Bit later - Ignore above. I still can't get the guide - even after reassigning them to IceTV.

andrewwong

Ive had a few issues with EyeTV

Ran the EyeTV Reporter and reset EyeTV because my EPG remote recordings weren't getting synced.

From a clean start, my remote recordings turned up, but the programmes are called "ICETV program"

It's disappointing after quiet along period of stability

Strahan

I also have problems after updating to 3.1. The program guide is there but it won't let me record. Also there is no info when I click on the program. It just gives the date as Jan 1st 2001. A real pain as this is my only method of recording tv and it's worked great until now.

futzle

Quote from: Strahan on May 08, 2009, 10:49:14 PM
I also have problems after updating to 3.1. The program guide is there but it won't let me record. Also there is no info when I click on the program. It just gives the date as Jan 1st 2001. A real pain as this is my only method of recording tv and it's worked great until now.

And oddly, upgrading from 3.0.4 to 3.1.1 has been problem-free for me.

I'd definitely be taking this up with Elgato rather than IceTV, IIWY.

wfdonald

I had access to port 443 for EyeTV blocked in Little Snitch for some reason. Deleting that rule fixed my problem.

sjoyce

I've got the same problem ... after running the EyeTV update (to 3.1.2) my program guide no longer updates.

EyeTV guide says 'The Program Guide has no data to display. Please verify you have an internet connection' (which I do).

EyeTV preferences says 'Update failed (could not connect to server)'.

Am logging a support docket, will see how it goes.

sjoyce

Issue sorted, thanks to EyeTV tech support. Here's what they wrote if anyone's interested.

Now that you have updated your software to V3.1.2, I suggest you rescan the channels.

To do this go into EyeTv and select the 'program guide' tab, now click on the cog on the top of the EyeTV window and select 'clear EPG data'.
Now, check the guide to see if the update has come through.

If not, select the 'channels' tab, select all (Apple+A). Now, click under the EPG column select 'none' then 'iceTV'.
Now do a re-scan by going to preferences, and select get latest guide listings.
You should now have the latest guide sent to the machine.

Mudboi

I have just upgraded to the latest Eye TV due to having installed Snow Leopard and now I am having this same problem.
I tried the above and it didn't work.
What else do we try?