Automatic notifications?

Started by prl, July 29, 2008, 09:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

I think it would be useful to get an email notice when an entry in My Shows is put into My Upcoming Shows after being out of the Upcoming list. This would let me know when a new season of a show is starting, if I haven't seen any advertising for it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Marc

Good suggestion.

We have some similar ideas we've been working on. I'm not sure if or when they'll surface, but we're certainly thinking along the same lines.

prl

Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Yep, thanks.
Something certainly needs to be done anyway.   Due to not having keyword searching, I tried to be tricky a while ago, and looked at the most popular chosen progs for the last 6months (or whatever the longest interval is) to setup a recording schedule from a show I knew would be in there (as the show had finished its season at this point, but I wanted to ensure to catch it again), and found when the show returned, no entries were setup to record.
It seems with favourites you get plenty of these come up with no issues, but trying to get something to record is a bit harder to achieve.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).