Cannot scan all channels! Either SBS or Nine are missing.

Started by Monty, July 21, 2008, 08:10:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monty

I decided last week that my Vista MCE was due for a format. I also wanted to put it into a new case. I've been using it very successfully for about a year now, and never had any problems.

Anyway, after installing vista, updating to SP1, and installing all updates, it just doesn't scan all of the channels. Its either the set of Channel 9's that don't get found, or all the SBS's.

I'm running a DVICO FusionHDTV Dual Digital, with the latest drivers. I have no idea what to do :(

Matt at IceTV

There is currently a bug in Windows Vista Media Center that can drop certain channels from the system. Microsoft have acknowledged the issue. Primarily this appears to affect both SBS and 7. Although it is assumed to be a problem with our IceTV service this is not the case, the problem lies with Vista by Microsoft.

We offer some advice in our FAQ's on a possible fix;

http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=91&faq_cat_id=21

Hopefully this will fix the issue for you but if it does not fix it, then you are best contacting Microsoft directly regarding the scanning issues and the loss of Channel 9.

Regards,

IceTV
General Manager
IceTV Pty
1300 654 803