Doctor Who ‘Planet Of The Ood’ flagged as repeat

Started by RubberChicken, July 20, 2008, 07:38:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RubberChicken

Sydney ABC
Sunday 20th July 7:30pm
Doctor Who ‘Planet Of The Ood’

Yes, we've had one with the Ood before, but this one has Tate in it. Can't be a repeat.

This is a pain, as I have interactive set to record first runs only.

prl

It's definitely not a repeat.

It gives a whole new meaning to "brain food," though :)
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

mscheurer

Quite a few things have been marked as repeats lately, had to switch every series schedule to include repeats.

jezza

Gotta say this has me worried on the ICETV sevice, I missed most of this episode because of this incorrect tagging. Then it seems that the new series of "Burn Notice" had the wrong start time, so I have missed half of the first episode season two.
I have been using ICETV as a set and forget option but maybe I have to go back too manual timer setup.

jezza

mscheurer

Quote from: jezza on July 22, 2008, 03:10:51 PM
Gotta say this has me worried on the ICETV sevice, I missed most of this episode because of this incorrect tagging. Then it seems that the new series of "Burn Notice" had the wrong start time, so I have missed half of the first episode season two.
I have been using ICETV as a set and forget option but maybe I have to go back too manual timer setup.

Not a good track record in the last few weeks..

tonymy01

This one stuffed me up on both my 5K and my Beyonwiz (I tend to record SD shows still on the 5K with about 80 keywords like "Doctor Who" using PerlTGD, and I record new shows & HD shows on the Beyonwiz with the widget/web ICETV interactive).
I actually got home from interstate in the middle of the 1st ep of Doctor Who wondering why the heck both my units weren't recording it.   Then I noticed in the 5K that the ep was flagged as a RPT (we put the repeat flags as [RPT] into the end of the extended description using PerlTGD on the 5K so it is clear to see).
My two PVRs were both tuned to ABC at the time (I left them on before I left) but I disabled the timeshift on both before I left, so was not able to record what was in the non-existant buffer.   I actually still believed the ep to be a repeat as I haven't started watching the series yet and figured ABC must have repeated the last ep of last week or something, such is my trust in the repeat flag that ICETV put in, and it is only when reading posts on the Beyonwiz forums today about losing the 1st half of Doctor Who that I realised it is another ICETV rpt flag muck up (2nd one to muck me up now).

Not impressed on this matter ICETV, if you are going to get the flag wrong, can you please accidentally leave the flag out, rather than accidentally put a flag in, as the consequences are far worse when incorrectly flagging something as a repeat rather than not flagging a repeat.
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).