Remote Scheduling Broken ?

Started by maticks, June 30, 2008, 07:35:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

maticks

I came home and noticed a few programs missing on my account so i went through and set them up quickly for recording via the website.
I want them series linked, however i dont get the Red Icon to indicate that the program is series linked.
It does however appear in My Shows, but when i go into the Eye TV application and try and press Remote Scheduling "Check Now" It tells me it will only check when it has a network connection it doesn't update.
I always have an internet connection i can browse from the machine without an issue, I can however update the Program Guide but my records dont appear in the Scheduler.

I did a few last night and it appears they updated some time this morning automatically but do i really have to wait 12 hours for it to push them down ?

I've had to manually go in and schedule the recordings for tonight because the system simply doesnt work.
Can someone explain this to me? Im the type of person who would check programs in the afternoon and allow the Eye TV to pickup these records around 4pm for recording does it not do this ?

sunfish

at last someone posting with similar problem to my own . see my other posts .
the good news ,there is a fix for this which is contained in a link at that post . it is a script to delete all the eyetv preferences . then restart  there will be a lag before eyetv downloads the program updates and the scheduled recordings but not too long maybe 6-12 hours . there doesn't seem to be any way to force this . It is frustrating because you apply the fix and can't see whether it is fixed straight away.
the bad news , for some reason the problems come back again . this has been my experience . i couldn't tell you why . but don't blame me everything else runs perfectly on the computer i use with eyetv , it only gets used for watching dvd's , eyetv , eyetunes . a just superseded imac with lots of ram running latest version of leopard eyetv 2.
I actually came back to the forum to find the script and run it again . eyetv is missing scheduled eyetv recordings  just started again . I have series set to record . your luck may vary .
I could hazard a guess and say that their server is overburdened but I actually wouldn't ahve a clue what the cause of their problems is .
the baddest news based on my experience email support is not worth the effort . I did get a good result by calling them early on , i just remembered that now but i don't think you can reliably expect them to be sitting their waiting . . probably should have tried this (phoning in) again . but i was not happy being a $100 subscription . After i whinged here for a while about failure of response to emails  i got a some support I suspect someone from icetv does browse and post .
I really don't know why icetv doesn't go to a staff monitored forum based support completely . people help each 90% worked out quicker than company based support and cost them nothing . I could be nasty and say that there software is too buggy and they don't want it known as such but then again they are doing an good job with the number of devices they support . I am sure theyr'e job aint that easy so better not push them too hard .  :)

heres that link http://forums.elgato.com/download.php?id=149

Marc

EyeTV has three settings for its remote recording update frequency: 1 hour, 3 hours and 1 day. Your Mac should wake from sleep and check with the IceTV server based on how frequently you've asked it to in EyeTV's preferences (I have mine set to 3 hours and it seems to behave very well).

We have a support document on this topic:
How long does it take to remotely schedule a show?

Another thing worth noting is that if you're setting up EyeTV and have done a guide (EPG) fetch recently then EyeTV may have contacted our server beyond the allowed limit for that period. If that's the case, you'll have to wait about 15 mins before it'll let you fetch again (this is to stop rogue applications from causing server issues for us and other IceTV users).

Sunfish's also right... Elgato's Master Cleanser Script can be handy in extreme situations where EyeTV isn't behaving. We also have a support document on that: http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=116&faq_cat_id=12

Tim

I am having the same problem. When I take the option "File -> Check ICE TV remote Scheduling now" I get the following message?

"The ICE TV Account information is invalid'

Does it have something to do with Apples update today? 10.5.4

Marc

Quote from: Tim on July 01, 2008, 09:09:02 PMDoes it have something to do with Apples update today?
It might. If that was the case Elgato would be the people to contact.

I'll upgrade my Mac Mini here to 10.5.4 and see if mine breaks too.

sunfish

I think that this message is a error message that comes up because there is no better error message for eyetv to use. I think there is a posting somewhere on the forum or i have received a message from support at some point to ignore this . Lets remember that eyetv is being run by external software when being used by icetv . Eyetv becomes a point which icetv type of programs take over the scheduling for in various different locations . So eyetv has be adapted to their needs and may not give exactly the error messages that external program would necessary require.

htpcosx

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on July 01, 2008, 07:03:42 PM
EyeTV has three settings for its remote recording update frequency: 1 hour, 3 hours and 1 day. Your Mac should wake from sleep and check with the IceTV server based on how frequently you've asked it to in EyeTV's preferences (I have mine set to 3 hours and it seems to behave very well).

We have a support document on this topic:
How long does it take to remotely schedule a show?

Another thing worth noting is that if you're setting up EyeTV and have done a guide (EPG) fetch recently then EyeTV may have contacted our server beyond the allowed limit for that period. If that's the case, you'll have to wait about 15 mins before it'll let you fetch again (this is to stop rogue applications from causing server issues for us and other IceTV users).

Sunfish's also right... Elgato's Master Cleanser Script can be handy in extreme situations where EyeTV isn't behaving. We also have a support document on that: http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=116&faq_cat_id=12

My EyeTV 3.0.3 remote scheduling and EPG work fine with a single episode recording set via IceTV website and remotely scheduled by EyeTV, but series recordings don't update. They remain queued. My Remote scheduling is set to hourly and even so it won't retrieve any recording that is a series set via IceTV. If I set a single episode it remotely retrieves and adds it to eyetv

I would suggest there's a bug in the queuing of recordings as part of a series on the device label, which prohibits eyetv from retrieving the schedule.. there's another post at the top of this forum sub-section that hints at this problem too. Like I said no problem when set to a single episode recording on the device label only with series.. a new feature of IceTV. Any suggesions appreciated, otherwise it's a feature of IceTV that's non-functional with EyeTV. Of course I have sent an email to tech support outlining the issue as well.

willys

I'm having the same problem with series recording.
I'm having to resort to resending all recordings from my account a few times a week to get stuff to record.

Single episodes are fine.

htpcosx

Not sure if IceTV fixed something, or it was my System Upgrade from 10.5.3>10.5.5.. but now Series options coming through no problems. Still using EyeTV ver 3.0.3.  :)

willys

I downloaded the 10.5.5 update and I thought it was fixed but no dice.

Both single episodes and series refuse to update without intervention.

I'm thinking that it might be a problem with my wireless network and connection to the net.
I Just updated to Eyetv 3.1 so see if that helps anything.