Bug in interactive

Started by j s, June 11, 2008, 10:18:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

j s

It appears that Interactive does not use the same database as the EPG

Last night (in Sydney) Interactive created on my DP-P1 a 180 min timer on Seven starting at 12:00am Monday labeled as "Movie: Clover Bend"  (which is less than two hours long).

The movie was not one I had requested. The duration of the timer suggests to me that Interactive was trying to create a timer for what it thought would be Seven's late night AFL game indicating that Interactive is using a different database to the one used to supply the EPG (or perhaps just an older copy).

I have seen the same thing previously but on that occasion didn't capture all the details though it was again due to a Series request for a show that floats to different times from week to week.

P.S. I have just read Bruiser333's thread. I suspect the two issues are related though the manifestation differs somewhat.

Quote from: bruiser333 on June 10, 2008, 11:46:39 PM
I wondering if anyone from Ice can confirm how Interactive should manage timers where a change in scheduling affects a timer?
On my Beyonwiz DP-P1, I had a timer created from a series recording. It appears the schedule changed and the episode was pulled, however the timer remained and the replacement show was recorded.

Will Interactive adjust when shows are pulled, start times change etc, or once the timer has been sent to the device, is that it?

bruiser333

J S,

It could definitely be the same issue as I described; I don't know for sure that in my case a timer was created for an episode that appeared in the guide but was later removed. There was definitely a timer created for a timeslot that in previous weeks was correctly populated from a series recording, but not in this instance.

I wonder if we'll hear anything from Ice; they seem to have gone a bit quiet on these forums lately...

Cheers,

Bruiser

bruiser333

I now think it is the same issue, I assumed initially it was due to schedule changes. But I've just had another instance where a series ends, but a timer is created for the same timeslot the following week.

j s

Yeah - I think you're right.  I've now got a timer on my P1 called "To be advised : Channel Nine" in the 9HD time slot (Thu 9:30) that has been showing the AFL Footy Show.

prl

I wonder whether IceTV's predictive scheduling has been thrown out by WIN's scheduling of the Chapelle Corby special(s). The IceGuide is showing "Part 2" of the Chapelle Show on Tues 20:30, but doesn't have part one anywhere. But then, WIN's guide appears to be the same. Perhaps "Part 1" is in ACA.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

tonymy01

Part1 was 2hours last night after 45mins (60 Minutes).
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

j s

Quote from: j s on June 23, 2008, 09:05:11 AM
Yeah - I think you're right.  I've now got a timer on my P1 called "To be advised : Channel Nine" in the 9HD time slot (Thu 9:30) that has been showing the AFL Footy Show.
It's really starting to look like Remote sets flags for Series Timers based on the scheduling predictions database rather than the published EPG database. The afore mentioned timer has now disappeared from my P1 but instead I now have a timer covering a bunch of shows on Sunday afternoon (where C7 usually shows the AFL - but not this week)