Remote not working on EyeTV, but fine on MCE2005

Started by ncl_knight, June 01, 2008, 12:22:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ncl_knight

Hi.

If I schedule shows to record via the interactive website, all works fine with my MCE2005 machine, but my EyeTV 3.0.2 machine sees nothing.

Is there a problem with Ice and the EyeTV software at all?

My guide works fine, and I can schedule recordings from the guide with no problems, it is just the remote scheduling that doesn't work.

I did log a ticket on this a few weeks back, but have heard nothing so far.

Regards.

Marc

Hi,

Do you have a separate device set up for EyeTV under "My Account" and the correct device set in EyeTV?

ncl_knight

Hi.

Thankyou for the reply.

Yes I have the 2 separate devices listed under my account, one eyetv the other mce2005. I willl check the eyetv preferences setting when I get home and advise. I know it WAS set correctly, but maybe I have mistakenly changed it and that is why the problem started.

I will let you know.

Regards.

ncl_knight

Hi.

I have checked my settings in eyeTV and they match the settings in 'my account'. I have just done a 'resend all recodrings to device' but it made no difference.

Programs I have scheduled to record on the MCE2005 device, however, have arrived fine.

Thankyou for your assistance.

Could it be a corrupted prefs file in eyeTV? It seems more an Elgato issue than yours, due to the fact that the MCE box works.

Regards.

Marc

I guess it's worth trying to fix things by deleting the preferences for EyeTV and see if that solves anything.
(That will remove all settings and you'll need to re enter you serial number)

Elgato's "Master Cleanser" script will delete all the prefs for you.

It can be downloaded here: http://forums.elgato.com/download.php?id=149

ncl_knight

Hi.

I tried the 'master cleanser' and it seems to have fixed the issue.

Also, I have noticed that the 'check now' option in preferences (you know, to force it to check the remote programs) doesn't seem to work. It is set to check every hour, but that doesn't mean on the hour. I monitored, and the first 'hourly' check was at 11:10am, and the next was 12:45pm.

BTW, the download guide option DOES work. Strange, but not life threatening :-)

The MCE box checks more frequently anyhow, and the 'force' check does work.

Just what I observed.

Thankyou for your help.