When does ice interactive send series timers

Started by juzzman, May 09, 2008, 03:57:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

juzzman

when you have a series timer set, does it send a timer when the first shows
up in the guide or does it wait until the day of the recording then send it?

prl

Quote from: juzzman on May 09, 2008, 03:57:43 PM
when you have a series timer set, does it send a timer when the first shows
up in the guide or does it wait until the day of the recording then send it?
It sends it a few days beforehand. When the symbol changes from "queued (series) recording", to "(series) recording", the timer has been sent to the Beyonwiz. I don't think that timers that originated on the Beyonwiz should ever show up as "queued".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

j s

I think it might be 5 days (5*24 hours) before - Sat timers appeared yesterday so I'm waiting to see if some Sunday timers appear today

Yep!  "AFL Game Day" for 10am next Sunday appeared in the Wiz around 10am today.

Marc

About 5 days is correct. There's several technical reasons why we don't schedule near the fringe of the EPG data (one of them being that some devices don't like getting a schedule for something they don't have EPG data for yet).

j s

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on May 13, 2008, 04:42:16 PM
About 5 days is correct. There's several technical reasons why we don't schedule near the fringe of the EPG data (one of them being that some devices don't like getting a schedule for something they don't have EPG data for yet).
Five days is quite acceptable (and makes sense) but it would be very useful if these details were published. It would save a lot of people (including yourself) asking/answering questions.

Simple descriptions of the processes for when and how timers get set in the device (Wiz in my case) and when/how manual changes/deletions/additions get back to Interactive (and the impact, if any, of doing manual changes) would also prevent a lot of anguish by users (and consequent questions back to you).

A lot of issues seem to arise when users (including myself) get concerned that nothing seems to be happening so start fiddling (deleting and immediately recreating a series for example).

Marc

Quote from: j s on May 14, 2008, 02:49:38 PMFive days is quite acceptable but it would be very useful if these details were published. It would save a lot of people (including yourself) asking/answering questions.
I completely agree.

We've just added a new support doc here:
http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/websupport.cgi?op=show_faq&faq_id=115&faq_cat_id=23

j s

Quotesome of the software we work with doesn't like scheduling programs if there's no EPG data downloaded for that program yet (ie. the remote record request arrives before the EPG data
That happened to me on one day last week - the new timers didn't have a name associated because the EPG hadn't arrived

Marc