Can't create series recording for Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares

Started by prl, May 07, 2008, 12:52:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

On Monday evening I tried to add Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares as a series timer (This Channel, Any Time, First Runs Only) for my Beyonwiz DP-S1 in IceTV Interactive. I did a search, clicked on Record Series, then on the browser refresh to see the timer. I got an error message saying:Database error: Duplicate entry '34742-54-2008-05-06 20:30:00' for key 2

The series timer showed up in My Shows, but not in the TV Guide or in My Upcoming Shows.

The next time the DP-S1 tried to synchronise with IceTV Interactive, it gave an error message:send scheduler state: unknown error

No timer was created for RKN on the DP-S1.

We created a manual weekly timer for RKN on Tuesday afternoon; after synchronisation, it had no effect on the timers shown on IceTV Interactive.

I noticed that the current episodes of RKN are repeats, so I changed the timer (using Update) to First Runs and Reruns, still no entry for the timer in My Upcoming Shows. I deleted the timer and created a new one with (This Channel, Any Time, First Runs and Reruns); still doesn't show up in My Upcoming Shows. I deleted the timer and created a new one with (Any Channel, Any Time, First Runs and Reruns); still doesn't show up in My Upcoming Shows.

Logging out and logging in again on IceTV Interactive has no effect.

I can create single-episode and series timers for RKN for my DP-H1 device (registered as a DP-P1). I can't create single-episode timers for the DP-P1 device.

What's going on, and is there any connection with the error messages I got when I first created the timer?

A couple of other minor issues:

Why is there no IceTV Interactive device type for the Beyonwiz DP-H1?

When a timer is created on IceTV Remote, there's a message saying:
QuoteSeries recording created.
Note: it may take a few minutes for scheduled shows to appear.

Shouldn't this message read "it may take up to 30 minutes for scheduled shows to appear on your device", not "a few minutes".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

prl

Now that the guide data for Tuesday has appeared, the Tuesday episode of Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares (not marked as a repeat in the IceTV guide) is showing as a series recording in My Upcoming Programs. However, the Thursday episode (marked as a repeat) is still not showing as a series recording. The timer is set to be Win Television NSW, First Runs and reruns, Any time, and was set from the Thursday entry in My Upcoming Programs (it appears there as recommended).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

Despite this problem, IceTV might want to update this Support FAQ entry:
QuoteDoes the Beyonwiz DP-S1 and DP-P1 support the setting of timers via IceTV Remote?

No, the current version of the Beyonwiz DP-S1's firmware only supports the downloading of the guide via IceTV Remote.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I'm now having the same problem with The State Within (not flagged as a repeat). I can set single-episode and series recordings (ABC1, First runs only, Any time) for it on my DP-H1 device (registered as a DP-P1), but not on my DP-S1 device. That's good. I can record on the device that doesn't have a disk.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

juzzman

I am having almost the same problem.

Deleted a series recording.
tried to to replace same series recording , but the red circle mark does not show up
in the tv guide or my up coming shows. 

prl

Quote from: juzzman on May 08, 2008, 10:24:50 AM
I am having almost the same problem.

Deleted a series recording.
tried to to replace same series recording , but the red circle mark does not show up
in the tv guide or my up coming shows. 
Do you see it in My Shows? If not, it may be more like this problem, which I've also recently experienced.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

juzzman

No not in My shows  on ice interactive , but on ice remote widget
it shows  up in my guide with is the same list as my shows

I thought it might still be getting this from memory or a temp file on pc,
so i uninstalled yahoo widgets and started again with a new api token.

This made no difference still in my guide on widget and nowhere on ice interactive

p.s. And not in beyonwiz timer list

prl

Quote from: juzzman on May 08, 2008, 02:14:36 PM
No not in My shows  on ice interactive , but on ice remote widget
it shows  up in my guide with is the same list as my shows

I thought it might still be getting this from memory or a temp file on pc,
so i uninstalled yahoo widgets and started again with a new api token.

This made no difference still in my guide on widget and nowhere on ice interactive

p.s. And not in beyonwiz timer list
This sounds more like the problem I was having with the ABC News recording in the other topic. I've just checjed on the IceTV Yahoo Widget, and the ABC News recording shows up there in My Guide, but not in IceTV Interactive My Shows (or anywhere else on either the web page or the widget).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

prl

I just had another look at the entries for the Ramsay's Kitchen Nightmares and The State Within recordings in My Upcoming Shows, and noticed that they each had a single "Record" button. When I clicked on this for both of them, they both turned into normal series recordings in My Upcoming Shows. It looks as though I'd done a "Cancel Episode" and it had stuck somehow, but I'm fairly sure that I hadn't.

However, I was able to repeat the same symptoms by doing "Cancel Episode", so perhaps somewhere I had done a cancel episode. Confused now.

The other problem I had with the ABC News recording does not show a "Record" button like RKN and TSW did. It allows me to create a single-episode recording for tonight, but still gives the "Error: a series recording for this show already exists." message when I try to set a series recording on it.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Vortical

I'm also finding some series recordings are not showing up on Ice after they appear when the Ice Interactive TV Guide Schedule has been updated.

ie
Some appear with the hollow red group of circles ready to be queued and some that should be the same are only indicated by a green star and when selecting the info on them it states they are part of a series recording.

Why wouldn't they show up with a hollow red group of circles when other series on the same day are ready to be queued?

The only difference I can find is the ones that are getting queued are first run and rerun series recordings and the ones that aren't getting queued are first run only series recordings so far.

prl

Quote from: Vortical on May 13, 2008, 12:46:19 PM
The only difference I can find is the ones that are getting queued are first run and rerun series recordings and the ones that aren't getting queued are first run only series recordings so far.

I was (eventually) able to get a "First runs & reruns timer" working for Ramsay's. Things seem to have improved a bit since I first started using IceTV Interactive with the Beyonwiz 1.05.232 beta firmware. I think it's a combination of pushing the interface less, and improvements in the 1.05.235 firmware and (I think) in the IceTV Interactive server.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Vortical

My problem one was for South Park (Mon) and also CSI (Sun).
I ended up going to my Fav & Series list in IceTV Account and clicking update.

This forced it to update the show to a Queued Series Recording although I don't beleive we should have to do this.
Hopefully Ice look at it soon and fix the bug.

I wonder if it's because it's scheduled only once a week and after the initial recording is completed it then can't see the next show in the guide so it doesn't become a queued recording as the IceGuide is 7-day EPG and not an 8-day EPG.

Another issue is you can't schedule the same recording on two pvr's just in case the other pvr stuffs up.

Marc

Quote from: Vortical on May 13, 2008, 01:57:45 PMHopefully Ice look at it soon and fix the bug.
Please send any bug reports in via the contact page so they can be added to our bug tracking system, then fixed.

Vortical

Quote from: marc@iSlayer on May 13, 2008, 04:49:57 PM
Quote from: Vortical on May 13, 2008, 01:57:45 PMHopefully Ice look at it soon and fix the bug.
Please send any bug reports in via the contact page so they can be added to our bug tracking system, then fixed.
Done, sent to Technical Support

tonymy01

I am having all sorts of fun and games trying to get a single recording for an incorrectly flagged episode of "Red Dwarf" next monday.   It is marked as a repeat (like the weekend eps) but isn't (well, depends on what you define as a repeat.   These showed many years ago, but they are effectively a first run for ABC2).    If I click on the Interactive webpage "My Upcoming Shows" "series details and upcoming shows", it shows the 3 eps coming this week, but if I click on the Monday ep, I only have an option called "record" and when I click on it, it sets up a series recording for the repeated episodes of Red Dwarf.    There doesn't seem to be any way of setting a one time timer for this one show?
Another quirk I have is with the widget.   In the "My Upcoming Shows" tab/option, I can't change any of the options for the Sunday or Monday shows (clicking doesn't bring up any options), but can change them for any show between now and then.
Dunno if this is all related to that this show is in 6 days time and thus too far out for the interactive to work properly?
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).