Ice guide no longer working.

Started by Stunkrat, March 04, 2008, 08:59:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stunkrat

I posted this over at the Beyonwiz forums as well, can't hurt to share the joy.

I've only just now been bothered to do some trouble shooting - we haven't been able to retrieve data for about a week. the ICE Guide is now set to disabled. My starting position for this is with the cache cleared and the unit turned on/off.

This is what I do:

1. Go into the LAN setting and make sure everything's OK.
2. In the Ice guide section, press check. It tells me that the user information is correct.
3. Enable ICEguide. It then goes through (quickly)

-->Ping
--> Channel List (OK) - scrolls too fast to see the exact messages
-->"Success on getting the epg data from the disk"
-->"Trying to get EPG data"
-->"Failed to get epg data"

Then, if I got Check again, I get a dialog titled "Net inerface [sic] failure", with the message:

"Network interface failed check the pvr"

at which point the ice guide is changed to "disabled".

Anyone seen this before? FYI, I am not having any connectivity problems, all of the other devices attached to the hub can access the internet, and the P1 has no problem with access to/from the PC. It was working early last week (well, as well as the ice guide works with the unit, it's pretty inconsistent), and there have been no hardware or software changes of any kind since then.

Clues?

Thanks.

hvg3akaek

Yeah, i am having the same problem.  I just recently updated the firmware for the Beyonwiz.  After I installed it, I noticed that there were upgrades with the EPG, including "16:9" and "HD" icons on certain shows.  However, from then (last friday), no new shows were added, and today, there is nothing left on the EPG.  Nothing I can do with the IceTV settings seems to get stuff working again.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

As to Stunkrat's issue, this definitely sounds like a network problem as the Beyonwiz is not detecting a network connection if it comes up with an error saying that the network connection has failed.

Quote from: hvg3akaek on April 08, 2008, 07:28:35 PM
Yeah, i am having the same problem.  I just recently updated the firmware for the Beyonwiz.  After I installed it, I noticed that there were upgrades with the EPG, including "16:9" and "HD" icons on certain shows.  However, from then (last friday), no new shows were added, and today, there is nothing left on the EPG.  Nothing I can do with the IceTV settings seems to get stuff working again.

This is unfortunately an issue with the March firmware, setting the time to manual under the Beyonwiz can get it to download the guide, but we have reports that even this fails after a short period, at this stage it would be best to downgrade back to either the September or December firmwares.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dingo

I am having what I think is the same problem - ie I can't schedule recordings on my S1 from within Ice on my pc. Everything else re the guide seems to work ok except this. I did also experience problems in setting the times but that seems to be ok now. I have only just registered with Ice having had my S1 for about 6 months so am relatively new to it.

Any suggestions apart from going back to the December firmware?

prl

Quote from: dingo on April 20, 2008, 08:48:02 AM
I am having what I think is the same problem - ie I can't schedule recordings on my S1 from within Ice on my pc. Everything else re the guide seems to work ok except this. I did also experience problems in setting the times but that seems to be ok now. I have only just registered with Ice having had my S1 for about 6 months so am relatively new to it.

Any suggestions apart from going back to the December firmware?

Not really. For a more detailed response you'd need to trawl through a mass of posts on the Beyonwiz Forum, and still not really be sure there was a better alternative.

The problem is being addressed in the next release, which is currently in beta testing. There's discussion of that, too, on the Beyonwiz Forum.

If you do revert to the December software, make sure you double-check your time zone setting, and clear the IceTV cache.

Reverting to the December firmware won't let you set timers from the IceTV Remote Web site. That capability is also in the current beta. Again, for more information see the Beyonwiz Forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

jontyhowell

I have exactly the same issues as Stunkrat on my P1
It started about a month ago when I was using March firmware, I rolled back to December firmware, worked for a few weeks and the bloody thing's coming up with Net inerface (no t) failure - check pvr again!
It's definitely not a network issue as files on the PC are easily viewed through the Bwiz.
Getting very painful.....

prl

Quote from: jontyhowell on April 30, 2008, 09:20:15 AM
I have exactly the same issues as Stunkrat on my P1
It started about a month ago when I was using March firmware, I rolled back to December firmware, worked for a few weeks and the bloody thing's coming up with Net inerface (no t) failure - check pvr again!
It's definitely not a network issue as files on the PC are easily viewed through the Bwiz.
Getting very painful.....

There was a recent suggestion for a fix for this that doesn't require a factory reset posted by Jammer on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing