Program Descriptions

Started by adsjc, October 24, 2005, 10:39:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

adsjc

What’s up with some descriptions on the guide? Programs like CSI get a great description, but what about Neighbors? “The residents of Ramsay Street have been opening there homes…..” Nothing relevant to that particular episode. I could understand if the info isn’t available, but it is. My previous guide supplier had a write-up for each episode.

Love what’s been done for Nine News.  ;D

mexiwi

Love what’s been done for Nine News.  ;D

But Seven has better fonts........  ;D

dJOS

I rather liked the "take kids to the park and come back for SBS or ABC news!" bit, pure Gold and very accurate.  8)
My Home Theatre Project

Quad Tuner 7MC box now replaced by 2x TiVo's HD's by order of the Wife!

Shane

On this, whilst I don't and will never watch it, my wife wondered why the new show Headland doesn't have episode names etc?

Neighbours is another one, but we don't record it (my wife is still deciding whether she wants to watch Headland).

Also on another topic - MCE doesn't seems to show that an Episode is a repeat, although I believe the guide data supports it?

Thanks,
Shane.
Shuttle SB83G5M (P4 630 nVidia 6600) running Vista Premium with:
Hauppauge Nova-T 500 MCE Tuner|Ice TV Guide|PIMP|Buffalo LinkStation HD-H160LAN & HD-HG300LAN|Xbox 360 MCE

balhamboris

Guys

Love the service BUT ... I am very disapointed with the lack of program descriptions for almost all of the ABC movies on late. I mean not just a poor /vague 2 liner I mean NO, NONE, ZERO description of what the movie is. I am finding that so many of the programs do not have any info that it is a wonder you even know what program is playing.

Now I could forgive no info on new shows with live content etc, but hey there is no excuse for films that are over 20 years old, especially bearing in mind you only provide us with a 7 day guide. Come On Guys - WHY ??? :(

Daniel Hall at IceTV

QuoteGuys

Love the service BUT ... I am very disapointed with the lack of program descriptions for almost all of the ABC movies on late. I mean not just a poor /vague 2 liner I mean NO, NONE, ZERO description of what the movie is. I am finding that so many of the programs do not have any info that it is a wonder you even know what program is playing.

Now I could forgive no info on new shows with live content etc, but hey there is no excuse for films that are over 20 years old, especially bearing in mind you only provide us with a 7 day guide. Come On Guys - WHY ??? :(

Sounds like you have hit the bug in the Topfield firmware as after checking there are description for all shows for ABC (for all regions).

One of the likely causes is that if there are too many programme entries in the EPG database then the last ones even though they are shown in the guide and give no error when being inserted into the guide only the programme title is shown and no description. This sounds like the problem you may have run into.

One quick fix for this would be to put the Topfield in standby and then turn it back on, this will clear out the EPG database and start from scratch, after it has filled you should be able to see the descriptions again.

The other one would be check in the iceguide.ini file that is on the Topfield, this will be located in the "ICE" folder and can be accessed using the Altair program that was installed on the PC along with the IceGuide4Topfield software. Open the file in any text editor and check for a line that may read "DeleteOldData=No", if this line is in the file then delete the line and restart the Topfield for these changes to take effect.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

pvogel

I might also add that as a subscriber you can download the IceTV widget and get the 7 days guide on your PC desktop for no extra cost.

Then you can refer to that to see if there is a problem with your Toppy.

Peter