I failed IceTV setup: Where are the programs?

Started by Thingme, August 12, 2008, 11:55:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thingme

I just got Elgato EyeTV Hybrid. I installed EyeTV on a Mac Pro and went through "Setting up IceTV via the EyeTV Setup Assistant". I have good TV signals across the board. I have only only 4 ABC and 2 SBS programs showing. I repeated my setup by using the instructions in "Setting up IceTV via the Preferences". I still have only the 4 ABC and 2 SBS programs shown in the EyeTV Programs list. I definitely do have an account using the free 3-month trial of IceTV.

I have repeated my setting up and clicked on everything that seemed appropriate. Nothing gets me my full programs set.

In the Channels page I have all available channels listed, they all work extrememly well. The EPG column now shows all are set to IceTV.

I chose the Sydney programs in the setup. Does it matter that the local Upper Hunter transmitters source programs from Newcastle and these are sometimes varied for local Newcastle reasons? I don't think it matters.

With some ABC channels and some SBS channels missing and ALL commercial channels missing from the programs list, well, what's going on? Are the Upper Hunter broadcasters locking us out of IcetV?

Maybe I should trash all files and reinstall? Start again.

sunfish

well i have been using icetv elgato since v 2.2 and this problem still exists . I am now on version of 3.1 eyetv. eyetv icetv works well when everything is good but takes only a little thing wrong or an accident and it won't work properly again.
everything was working ok, i bought a new computer shifted eyetv over to it, using the same external hard drive i had with the previous computer, but now I am back with this problem again. Or worse. Icetv won't download at all.

You think they might have got this subscription, programming, scheduling thing together by now, can't be that hard? or is it?

the master cleanser script did help but now the link to it is broken .

kyte

Quote from: sunfish on April 09, 2009, 06:54:55 PM
... Icetv won't download at all.

You think they might have got this subscription, programming, scheduling thing together by now, can't be that hard? or is it?

the master cleanser script did help but now the link to it is broken .

Resurrecting this old thread.

I've had this problem off and on, first with my Pinnacle stick, and now with my eyeTV Diversity.  I was able to use the guide up to version 3.0.3 but beyond that, nothing.  Now, I can't even get iceTV guide at all.  DVB works just fine.

I am getting so frustrated with this, I love IceTV but elgato and icetv don't seem to want to talk to each other.  I have just updated to the latest software (3.1.2), thinking that perhaps recent changes may have made it mandatory to have that, but, no joy and no prog.  My computer and iphone widgets work just fine.  Its SO frustrating.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

The most common cause of this is that the cached program guide information on the hard drive is corrupt. You can clear this out by going to the Program Guide screen of EyeTV and then from the 'gear' icon at the top of the screen select Clear EPG Database, the cached information will be then be cleared and a fresh set of guide information will be downloaded from the IceTV server.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

lamontancient

I did just this - cleared the EPG database. Now I can't get the EPG column on the Program Guide to switch to anything except DVB or None. If I choose IceTV a dropdown window appears with None as the only choice.
Not a good introduction to Ice TV, if the trial subscription won't work properly who's going to pay money to subscribe?

EntCent

Quote from: Daniel Hall on August 05, 2009, 09:23:47 AMClear EPG Database, t

Cant get  programming info on Mac OS X 10.6 eye tv 3.1.3b1 ( tried with 3.1.2 also) I have cleared EPG databases , re scanned channels all assigned to ice tv ...says guide downloaded successfully but no programming still...

"The program guide has no data to display"
I used the eyetv setup assistant and rescanned chanls like 3 times!

Any other ideas?