IceTV App on iPod touch

Started by garymc, August 08, 2008, 07:33:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garymc

G'day I'm a newbie here so treat me kindly please!! I've just downloaded the new IceTV App onto my iPod touch and at no time in this process was I prompted to submit a User Name and Password for future logins to the App. The App downloaded and installed ok but of course when I open it I am prompted for the username and password which I do not have. Help!!  :o

Would appreciate any feedback, please.  ;D

gazza

tonymy01

Wouldn't that be your ICETV username and password, which is the same one used for this forum also?   You would surely know that password as you need it to be set in your PVR/Media Centre to pick up the timers that you set from the app.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

Marc

It's definitely your IceTV user ID and password (the same ones you use for the widget, Interactive website or on your PVR/Media Center).

You can register for free account to view today's TV guide here: http://www.icetv.com.au/cgi-bin/webwidget.cgi
Or subscribe for a full account that lets you view a 7 day TV guide and remotely record here: http://www.icetv.com.au/about/subscribe.shtml

We will be adding more info to the iPhone App Store description and updating several IceTV pages to give more info.

leyton01

Will you be creating an iphone app sub-forum?

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: leyton01 on August 09, 2008, 12:51:24 PM
Will you be creating an iphone app sub-forum?

Sounds like a good idea. :D
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

Trial_Master

I just discovered the iPhone app, silly me I've been using the remoterecord site and wondered why I didn't see the series recording options etc...

Is there a similar app available and/or coming soon for the Nokia Symbian phones? That would be awesome as I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen.

Marc

Quote from: Trial_Master on December 05, 2008, 07:51:17 PMIs there a similar app available and/or coming soon for the Nokia Symbian phones?
Not at present, but we're definitely keeping a close eye on several mobile platforms.

Quote from: Trial_Master on December 05, 2008, 07:51:17 PMThat would be awesome as I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen.
The IceTV iPhone app is really an iPhone and iPod touch app (like all iPhone apps are!).

So you can definitely use your iPod touch.

Trial_Master

Quote from: Marc-IceTV on December 08, 2008, 01:45:01 AM
Quote from: Trial_Master on December 05, 2008, 07:51:17 PMIs there a similar app available and/or coming soon for the Nokia Symbian phones?
Not at present, but we're definitely keeping a close eye on several mobile platforms.

Quote from: Trial_Master on December 05, 2008, 07:51:17 PMThat would be awesome as I have an iPod Touch 2nd Gen.
The IceTV iPhone app is really an iPhone and iPod touch app (like all iPhone apps are!).

So you can definitely use your iPod touch.

Yep works on iPod Touch no probs. Reason for Nokia app is for those times when only 3G coverage is available etc ...

doodoo

I love the IceTV interactive on my new ipod Touch. Having it always right at my fingertips I decided to move my recording regimen from being Beyonwiz-based to Interactive-based (mainly on the Touch). I added 1 minute padding at the start, and 10 minutes at the end (yes I know -- I am an optimist  :) )

However a weird problem/bug has plagued me. When I have two shows set to start at the same time, and one of them is bumped back by the immediately previous recorded program then they BOTH start recording 10 minutes late!?

For example:
I set ABC news on ABC1 to record every day at 7:00pm.
I set both 7:30 Report on ABC1 and Top Gear on SBS to record at 7:30pm on Mondays.

Strangely both 7:30 pm shows start recording at 7:40 pm even though there is nothing recording on SBS before Top Gear that would bump it back.

Secondly, another irritation [which may be a Beyonwiz DP-P1 idiosyncrasy]: when I have say one show starting at 7pm and another on the same channel at 7:30pm, with nothing else being recorded on any other channels, why doesn't the beyonwiz start recording the 7:30 program on the second tuner? This would be much better than having my second show bumped back and split over two recordings.

Should I contact Ice TV support directly with these issues?

Any help or comments would be appreciated,
Patrick

tonymy01

Sounds like you have setup the padding priority to something, and this takes precedence over the real start/end times of a timer.   Most of us have it set to none.
You can't use the second tuner for a recording starting on the same channel.   With the padding priority set to none, the transition from one file to the next is at the unpadded scheduled start/end time (which typically means a minute or two of the end of the 1st show is on the beginning of the second show).   Luckily there is only a second or so of missing show, and now you can setup the sort order to be the opposite way, if you are watching the saved file it will quickly transition to the correct next file with only a brief interruption (just don't forget the end of a show is at the beginning of something else and delete it before you watch it!  Another trick I use for shows like this when I watch the second one first is once I have finished watching it, I trim it down to just have the few minutes of the previous show saved in it). 
There is a small trick of recording one show in SD and one in HD, and effectively the Wiz treats this like 2 tuners with independent recordings and the soft padding included in both.
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).

doodoo

Thanks for the help!
I did have the padding priority set to post-padding, cos I didn't really understand what the priority is for. Anyway I removed it and did a test record and it seems to be fine now.

prl

Quote from: doodoo on January 14, 2009, 06:03:15 PM
Thanks for the help!
I did have the padding priority set to post-padding, cos I didn't really understand what the priority is for. Anyway I removed it and did a test record and it seems to be fine now.

There's a Timers & Padding FAQ on the Beyonwiz forum.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing