Record 1 channel and watch another

Started by ZAK248313, November 02, 2005, 09:08:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZAK248313

Why when Im recording for example Channel9 through the EPG, while that is recording the only other channel it lests me view is the ABC?

And if Im recording 2 channels at the same time, why cant I watch either of those channels?  Instead Im locked into 1 or can only watch the abc?

Apologies for being a n00b in advance.

alross

Check that all channels are set for both tuners, there is a way to copy the settings from one tuner to the other as its not done automatically.

You may need to select the programme from the programme list to watch it while two things are recording.

Hope this helps
Alan

recur

Yeah, not sure what's up, but check your tuners setup.

I watch a recording while recording two shows, or watch one channel while recording it and another pretty regularly.

ZAK248313

Yeah, I think when I was watching a recording and had 2 set it automatically switched off my playback on the record and went to one of the channels being recorded.

One there I was locked into it.

Any ideas?

ZAK248313

How do I check the tuners setup?  Couldnt find it.

It happend again last night.  I was recording Terminator and the only other channel it would let me watch was the ABC.

Its pretty frustrating.

Any help would be appreciated.

ZAK248313

I had a look in the installation menu, and I dont have the "services copy" option.

Ive had a read of the manual and it says it should be in there but it isnt.

All I have is follows.

SERVICE SEARCH
FACTORY SETTING
FORMAT HARD DISK
TRANSFER FIRMWARE

Supposedly "services copy" should be listed in that menu (as stated by my manual) but it isnt there.

Any thoughts?

tonymy01

This is a topfield support q, not an ice one, but basically newer f/ws do away with having 2 independant tuners, and instead "pool" them so you don't have to worry about which is which...
If you aren't getting the chance to change channels during recording, it may be that you need to do a factory reset and rescan..
Regards
Regards
Tony

Beyonwiz DP-S1 & Topfield 5K (using PerlTGD to upload ICE EPG/timers for the 5K, normal ICE interactive for the Wiz).