Error getting device list from ICETV Server

Started by redmist, December 23, 2007, 11:31:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

redmist

Tonight I have just started getting the following error:

Error getting device list from ICETV Server
Expected DTD markup was not found, Line 1, Position 1

I spent an hour trying to fix the problem but didn't have any luck so I decided to restore my backup image onto my HTPC but ICETV interactive is still giving me that error.

Anyone else getting this error tonight?

ezpz

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,

Nigel from Brissy. I am too having the same error problem. I have not installed anything unusual or have modified anything in anyway. I have tried reinstalling /troubleshooting but no solution. It has been happening for at least 2-3 days. Any one else and suggested solutions?
Cheers,
Nigel

jgriffin

I've got the problem too. I inititally thought that maybe TPG's proxies were stuffing up the feed, but i'm no longer thinking that's the case.

I was getting the error on
a) Vista MCE
b) XP Desktop
c) Vista Laptop

Now the XP Desktop works fine,but the two Vista machines refuse to work. Strange!!!

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,

Yes,

My error is on both my main pc and media centre. Both are running vista and ice tv interactive program. I have tried everything I can think of and have come up empty. I still have no idea what it is that is triggering this area.
Cheers,
Nigel

dgaust

Are you definitely using the right version of the icetv program? IIRC they withdrew support for all but the latest version (16 I think).

I was also having an issue but it was slightly different. Mine appeared to be trying to connect to apple.com instead of icetv. Re-registering the app with the ICETV registration app fixed it.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

One thing I have to ask now, everyone that is having this problem what ISP are you with?

And dgaust you are correct, it does have to do with connecting to www.apple.com as the "DTD markup" document that is in use resides on the www.apple.com website, if you have troubles getting to that file on www.apple.com then the device list will have troubles being read.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

jgriffin

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,

I'll also confirm I'm with TPG as well. My ice tv app is the latest!
As I indicated earlier, I have uninstalled, reinstalled, re registered the app a number of times but no luck. I have made sure that my firewall is allowing the app to work as well.

Cheers,

Nigel

yezrewot

I also have this problem. I am with TPG too. Very annoying...

I have also tried uninstalling, reinstalling, sacrificing a goat in the light of a full moon - no change. My guide data is still updated but there are literally thousands of error messages in the ICEtv log. It also slows my machine significantly when updating the guide (enough to cause livetv to stutter a bit), this is also when the errors are written to the log.

Any suggestions? I don't have any more goats left.

Pardon my ignorance but wtf is ICEtv getting the DTD markup file from www.apple.com? I understand it specifies the xml formatting but why from apple?

jgriffin

TPG got back to me that they have made the proxy exceptions, and the problem certainly seems fixed to me.

Anyone still having it?

Nigel Roden

Hi Guys,

Just done a new format and vista setup. I will enable my icetv software and see how it goes...I'll let you know how I go!
Cheers,
Nigel

Nigel Roden

GRRR. Still the same error, after a fresh install. Any idea of how to get the exception from TPG?

Cheers,

Nigel

jgriffin

I'd assume that on Monday after someone reads my confirmation to them that my problem has now been resolved, that they will apply it universally.