SKIPPA error 404

Started by Sancho, April 11, 2023, 02:16:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sancho

I have just reconnected my SKIPPA box after several years on not being used. Overall it seems to be okay apart from error 404 not found Code: NOSuchKey Message: The specified key does not exist.
What does this mean and can it be fixed. The only thing that doesn't seem to work at this stage is not being able to record when I press the red record button.

Thanks

Dacho

The skippa constantly checks a website and finds it is not approved for Freeview( while it is in livetv mode). So when you watch recordings or simply press the pause button while watching live tv and then the play button the problem (lookup) does not occur. I record items through the IceTV app on PC/iPhone/android. This is the simple fix if you want to use your skippa.

One way to make the problem go away is to block the website that the skippa is assessing for authentication. I do this with an advert blocker to disallow the skippa to see the website.
Although this works well I have various other minor issues with the skippa, which I deal with to keep it running as my wife loves it.

TimC

Quote from: Dacho on May 22, 2023, 08:51:59 PMThe skippa constantly checks a website and finds it is not approved for Freeview( while it is in livetv mode
Dacho,

I am wondering if you know why the Skippa is suddenly not approved for Freeview?
Icebox, Fetch box (Not IceTV Capable)

MD

I'm afraid it is simply because the link is out of date and, just like apps on old TVs, as the Skippa is eight years old it cannot be updated.  Dacho's previous comment gives a useful work around if it is obstructive.

Dacho

The skippa is still a great box. My wife loves it.
I'm now using an icebox and have had no problems. I had been waiting for a good replacement.

I think the skippa didn't get time to get through the Freeview process.

Dacho

My skippa is still plugged in and I use it sometimes.

ChrisW

Quote from: Dacho on May 22, 2023, 08:51:59 PMOne way to make the problem go away is to block the website that the skippa is assessing for authentication. I do this with an advert blocker to disallow the skippa to see the website.
Hi Dacho. Hopefully you are still around. :)
I just posted about an error message appearing on my Skippa then found your post above.
Are you able to provide more detail as to how you blocked the site, please?

UPDATE: Further to this, I think I worked out how to block the access at my NBN router, but I need to know the URL to block. I've tried "freeview.com.au", "freeview.com" and "freeview", with no success.

UPDATE2: Looks like this has now worked - just needed a bit of time. My problem appears to be resolved.
Thanks, Dacho, for the suggestion.