Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Thanks, MD & BazzaG. That's pretty much what I thought.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

I guess that why it's called "Rabbit Hole":)

aeb001

Quote from: prl on March 29, 2023, 09:52:43 AMRabbit Hole was in this week's IcePicks as a series, and we recorded the pilot episode as part of a series recording on Ten HD at 21:15 on Mon Mar 27. But there's no episode being being broadcast on Ten in the same timeslot next week on Mon 3 Apr (Would I Lie to You? is being broadcast in the timeslot).

When we watched the recording last night, we noticed that every ad break had an ad for Rabbit Hole streaming on Paramount+.

Does anyone know whether the body of season 1 of Rabbit Hole will be broadcast on FTA, or was Monday's pilot essentially an hour-long ad for the series on Paramount+?

although it was basically an advert for Paramount+ if you wait till the series has finished airing on Paramount, ten then airs it. For example Blue Bloods, My Life Is murder, five bedrooms, etc. Is just an interesting (although annoying) way of finsing out if the show is worth commiting to.
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

prl

Quote from: aeb001 on March 30, 2023, 10:09:58 AMIs just an interesting (although annoying) way of finsing out if the show is worth commiting to.

Thanks for the info, but I'll just put it down as "annoying", since I don't know when (or even if) the show will be on FTA.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

BazzaG

Quote from: aeb001 on March 30, 2023, 10:09:58 AMif you wait till the series has finished airing on Paramount, ten then airs it.

There is no guarantee that will be happen.

Both "My Life is Murder" and "Five Bedrooms" started life as Channel Ten shows but neither of them are anymore. "Blue Bloods" was & still is a CBS show (just renewed for S14).

"My Life is Murder": Season 1 was a Ten & TVNZ co-production. However, since S2 MLIM moved to NZ and is now a TVNZ/Acorn TV co-production. I believe Ten still holds the FTA rights in AU but neither S2 (2021) nor S3 (2022) have been broadcast by Ten (as far as I'm aware). The only reference on 10Play is for S1 (but no episodes).

"Five Bedrooms": Again S1 was broadcast on Ten FTA but this was 1 of those shows moved to P+ in order to get people to sign-up to P+ shortly after Viacom CBS purchased Channel Ten. Only S1 is available on 10Play. S2 (Aug 2021) & S3 (Jan 2022) are still both P+ only shows, with S4 due later this year.

Shows such as, "Last King of the Cross" (filmed in AU & about John Ibrahim) & "Rabbit Hole" are both P+ original shows.  These shows may get a broadcast on FTA but if so, it could be years from now ... most likely after the show has been cancelled or ended.

Personally, it's just a cynical exercise on Ten's behalf to broadcast just the 1st episode, but enough said.

IanL-S

The second season of My Life is Murder was shown on 10 in the second half of last year. The third season has not.

Other programs where 10 used this approach include FBI International and NCIS Hawai'i; possibly did the same with FBI Most Wanted.
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

aeb001

Quote from: BazzaG on March 30, 2023, 11:54:14 AMBoth "My Life is Murder" and "Five Bedrooms" started life as Channel Ten shows but neither of them are anymore.
Both are still airing on ten after thre current season finishes on paramount. mlim S02 aired already & s03 is actually airing right now & s02 of five bedrooms aired middle to late 2022. S03 of five bedrooms is yet to air though.
Adrian

BazzaG

Quote from: aeb001 on March 31, 2023, 08:55:41 AMBoth are still airing on ten after thre current season finishes on paramount. mlim S02 aired already & s03 is actually airing right now & s02 of five bedrooms aired middle to late 2022. S03 of five bedrooms is yet to air though.

Then I'll have to "stand corrected". But it's interesting there's no reference to these shows on 10Play. I guess that if you miss the FTA broadcast then the only way to watch a 'replay' is to get a P+ subscription.

Anyway, time to move on ...

BazzaG

Moving on ...

There's a spelling mistake in the "New Show" listing:

Conviction: The Case Of Stephen Lawrece

should be:

Conviction: The Case of Stephen Lawrence

aeb001

Extreme Ice Railroad
Adrian

aeb001

Below Deck Adventure - 'Mercury Rising' - 7Bravo, 8:30pm, Wed, 17 May 2023, 60 minutes - S01E01
Adrian

BazzaG

It's been sometime since this thread has been updated, which isn't surprising given the earlier posts. I hoping that everyone has calmed down with passage of time. So let's see ...

The First Inventors

Initially announced during the 2021 Upfronts, then delayed by COVID, both NITV & Ten have finally announced a broadcast date.

Rob Collins hosts doco series, a co-commission by NITV and Network 10, to screen simultaneously on both networks.

Four-part documentary series, The First Inventors, celebrating and exploring the world's longest surviving culture – that of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples will screen in June.

8:30pm Thursday 15 June on both NITV and 10.

Trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrRn_UfWKYQ

PS. It will be interesting to see just how "simultaneous" the broadcast on NITV & 10 actually are. On NITV, 1 hour of TV you'll get at most 10 mins (generally less) of ads in 3 ad breaks. On 10, at 7:30pm you'll get at least 20 mins of ads across 5+ ad breaks.
All 4 episodes go for a total of 176 mins or an average of 44 mins per episode.

GaiO IceTV

Hi BazzaG, The First Inventors has been added to new series now.
Cheers Gai

BazzaG

Thankyou very muchly. I've added a series recording.

BazzaG

The Black Hand

Anthony LaPaglia will present a three part history series The Black Hand, which looks to the story of an Italian organised crime gang which terrorised Italian Australians working around the cane fields of North Queensland in the 1930s.

Tuesday 27th June @ 8:30pm ABC.

Gruen

Returns for a new season.

Wednesday June 21st @ 8:30pm ABC.

The PM's Daughter

Returns for a new season.

Monday June 12th @ 6pm ABC ME.

The Point

Returned last night @ 7:30pm on NITV for its 8th season.