Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MD

We choose to promote "New Series" (note not "shows") as and when we believe we they are of interest to our wider user base. We have never intended to include everything.

aeb001

but then how will people know when a new show is on & be able to add it to their recordings as there is no way to search the icetv guide for them other than them being listed in the "New Series" page > https://tv-guide.icetv.com.au/coming-soon/

i.e you cant even search by "episode 1"
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

MD

If we added every New SERIES that airs every day the list would become unwieldy (arguably full of crap) and no one would bother scrolling through it.

aeb001

Considering there is 5 networks there is only a few new series each week. As an example for this week (Mon- Sun 20-27/2) there is 21 shows so making sure the tick box to add it to the new series page for an extra show or two wouldnt be that big an ask.

Otherwise IceTV users wont know what new series are starting because there is no manual way to search for "epsiode 1" as you can only search show names / episode names, not meta data.

Currently there is 52 shows on that page with some not starting for 3+ weeks, some without a start date & 1 that never started.

On yesterdays "What's On This Week" email GoggleBox was listed but even thats not on the new series page.

I'm just asking on behalf of all users for an easy way to see all new series so we can decide which ones we would like to record / watch.

PS as mentioned previously there are some shows where after each airing the show rolls forward 7 says a starting dat of the next airing. I have highlighted two of them as an example so dan can check it out
 Paul O'Grady For The Love Of Dogs: What Happened Next? 18/2 > started 11/2
 Confucious Was A Foodie 21/2 > 15/2
Adrian

MD

You always have to have the last word, must have driven your parents insane.

We will do it as we chose and your constant carping won't change a thing. We are extremely busy right now and don't have the time for your requests. Accept it as it is or move on.

IanL-S

I have been using IceTV since the very early days (not long after I got my SD Toppy), and I have never expected every "new" series to make the list.

In particular, I would not generally expect a new season of an ongoing series to make the list except when IceTV data indictes that it is extremely popular with users.

Much of what is offered by free to air TV does not appeal to me. The content of some of the secondary LCN is of interest to a select group of users, who can get the information they desire from the provider. The popularity listing in the IceTV app suggests that the most popular programs are on the primary LCN for each network. There is, surprisingly(?), one or two programs on SBS Viceland.

IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

aeb001

Face To Face < 15/2/23 did this get rescheduled or never start?
Adrian

aeb001

Quote from: aeb001 on February 27, 2023, 03:08:15 PMFace To Face < 15/2/23 did this get rescheduled or never start?

anyone? its still n the new shows list but never started. i've now removed it from my recordings.
Adrian

aeb001

EXIT - says "Series commencing 23/3/23" but the recording coming up next week as actually series 2

removing from my recordings as i havent seen S1
Adrian

GaiO IceTV

Hi Adrian,
Yes this is correctly marked as Series 2.  We have no data for Series 1 and assume it may have screened via On Demand.
Cheers Gai

aeb001

Quote from: GaiO IceTV on March 17, 2023, 08:43:37 AMHi Adrian,
Yes this is correctly marked as Series 2.  We have no data for Series 1 and assume it may have screened via On Demand.
Cheers Gai

usually ice says "Series 2 commencing 23/3/23" on the new shows list if its a second / third / etc season.
Adrian

MD

Seriously, how much time do you expect us to spend on your constant tiny weeny detail complaints? Would you like an increase in the subscription price? If not just pull your head in and get a realistic understanding of the huge number of shows that we have to curate where 100% accuracy is an aim but one that is humanly impossible to achieve at our current operational costs.

prl

Rabbit Hole was in this week's IcePicks as a series, and we recorded the pilot episode as part of a series recording on Ten HD at 21:15 on Mon Mar 27. But there's no episode being being broadcast on Ten in the same timeslot next week on Mon 3 Apr (Would I Lie to You? is being broadcast in the timeslot).

When we watched the recording last night, we noticed that every ad break had an ad for Rabbit Hole streaming on Paramount+.

Does anyone know whether the body of season 1 of Rabbit Hole will be broadcast on FTA, or was Monday's pilot essentially an hour-long ad for the series on Paramount+?
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

I asked our guide team yesterday as there are no upcoming episodes in its New Series section, and we are none the wiser. It appeared that Monday's was a pilot episode but no more episodes have been listed. As you suggest maybe 10 was simply using it as a promo for its parent's (Paramount) streaming service, or maybe, as SBS does, the rest will appear once the use of the streaming has diminished. Nevertheless frustrating.

BazzaG

Quote from: prl on March 29, 2023, 09:52:43 AMwas Monday's pilot essentially an hour-long ad for the series on Paramount+?

That is correct, it was just a hour long "ad" & it's not the 1st time that Ten has done just that (eg. Last King of the Cross & others). If you want to watch the episode 2 & above you will need to subscribe to Paramount+. There are 8 episodes in the 1st season of which the 1st 2 episodes were streamed on Sunday (US time) and the remainder weekly.

I guess that sometime in the future Rabbit Hole will be aired on FTA.