Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aeb001

Quote from: aeb001 on February 28, 2021, 01:54:33 PM
@lisa or @tiphanee other returning shows have been added to "new shows" so i thought i'd flag this one for you

Manifest - 'Fasten Your Seatbelts' - 9HD Gold Coast, 11:00pm, Thu, 4 Mar 2021, 50 minutes - Season 2 Episode 1

@lisa or @tiphanee?
Adrian
Windows 7 Media Centre PC
Early days user of IceTV since it's inception in 2005

prl

I didn't think that all new shows were automatically (or even routinely) put into the IceTV New Shows list. I thought that it was more to reflect what the team thought people would be most interested in.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

That is correct.  We don't flag every new series.

BazzaG

Personally I think you should ... that's the point of "New/Returning Series".

I could even be done automagically when a new series or season is added to the IceTV DB.

prl

Quote from: MD on March 01, 2021, 04:33:50 PM
That is correct.  We don't flag every new series.

Yes, sorry. I should have said "new series", not "new shows".
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

MD

Hi  BazzaG,

If we automated it, apart from using more developer time, it would grab all sorts of rubbish like cartoons (personal opinion!) and the list would be horribly long and a pain to wade through. If we tried to filter it I could see even more developer time😬.  When we finally get this nightmare database update debugged down to getting repeat flags correct, on every obscure show on every channel across every region in Australia, the guide team will have a bit more time to plow through whatever's coming up and, if the series are attractive to a decent size of our audience, they'll add them.

BTW - our Most Popular list on the website gives a good idea of what is really popular and, far down at the bottom, what may be only viewed by a very small number of subscribers.

aeb001

@prl as manifest was in yesterdays weekly email you would think that it would have been on the new shows page?
Adrian

prl

Yes, probably, but I don't know in any detail how the system is supposed to work.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

aeb001

@lisa Nine just emailed this out today but none of them are in the "New Series" page / list
Resident Alien - New comedy lands Tuesday   
Doctor Doctor - New season starts Wednesday
DC's Legends Of Tomorrow - Joining forces Thursday
Adrian

BazzaG

The Unusual Suspects

8:30pm Thursday June 3 at SBS and SBS On Demand (full-series drop).

https://tvtonight.com.au/2021/04/airdate-the-unusual-suspects.html

Trailer:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CRj57bXGbKk

-----
So will it or won't it? That is the question...

vader1111

aeb001

Can you please add:
Celebrity Masterchef
The Dog House Australia
10 network have been advertising both for over a week now
Adrian

Tiphanee

Hi Adrian -

Many thanks for your message. Both programmes have now been added to 'New Shows'. They should appear shortly.

Have a lovely evening,

Tiphanee
Regards,

Tiphanee
IceTV Guide Team Leader

aeb001

The Devil You Know S1 was about Satanist Pazuzu Algarad. S2 is about Sherry Shriner's diabolical lizard cult. I got this straight from Vice's website.

Adrian

GaiO IceTV

Hi Adrian,
Our synopsis for S2 agrees with your post. S2E1 Vampire Witch commencing 12/10 states: In this true crime docu-series, a bizarre murder in Pennsylvania reveals the online cult of Sherry Shriner, a wannabe CNN news anchor, who leads thousands of Americans to believe that a race of devil-worshipping, shape-shifting reptiles from outer space is ushering in a New World Order.
Cheers Gai