HUMAX Support

Started by Allan, September 13, 2021, 06:27:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Allan

I have big problems with my Humax and have tried to contact support via there support form.
They say they will respond within 48 hours.
Well that's a joke, this is 2 weeks to the day and not any response from anyone at Humax.

Does anyone have experience with their support?
How do I contact them as they won't respond to their online support forms.
All I received was a confirmation of filing the issue but you can't respond to the email.

Are Humax still in Australia?

MD

Hi Allan,

I replied to your ticket as to how to do a factory reset which may fix the PVR, and the technical reasons for its instability (due to memory issues which a factory reset will clear) but for everyone on the forum - Humax currently have a skeleton staff in their Melbourne office and have no new PVRs on the near horizon. They have suggested to me that they may be getting out of the PVR business which is supported by rumours from Europe.

Allan

Quote from: MD on September 13, 2021, 07:31:12 PM
Hi Allan,

I replied to your ticket as to how to do a factory reset which may fix the PVR, and the technical reasons for its instability (due to memory issues which a factory reset will clear)
Hi MD

It has got to the point that something is going faulty after 1-2 weeks.
A hard reset is just not practical anymore.

We currently use the PC to watch catchup TV and just using the Humax to watch live TV (I know I could use the TV for that) and it still locks up every 1-2 weeks when you can't change channels etc unles I do a power down reboot.
It's a lemon. We've only hd it 2 1/2 years and concidering we've had problems eversince the the warranty ran out it was a poor purchase. I had tried to contact Humax about 12 months or more ago to no evail then either.

Allan

MD

Hi Allan,

As I explained in my reply via the support ticket, a factory reset should sort it out in the medium term until its memory issues come up again, say 6 months, but try to remember to switch it off, wait a minute, then on again every month or so (which is good maintenance for any PVR). A factory reset may then be needed again but it only takes about five minutes and gives the probable certainty of reliable performance for that period. Just constantly switching it off and on out of frustration,  with no factory reset, won't fix it.  Beyond that I'm helpless as the Humax warranty has expired and they are out of the PVR business in Australia for the foreseeable future, not helped by the instability of the HDR-3000T, the model you have, which negatively effected their business here (and IceTVs).