Repeats and double ups

Started by csutak40, January 24, 2021, 01:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Quote from: csutak40 on March 28, 2021, 01:36:19 AM
Are the Bosch episodes in the middle of the night (3 of them, one after the other next Friday) really new episodes?  I am not sure, but surely, if they weren't repeats, they wouldn't be showing them at night?

It looks like the ABC has dropped those showings of Bosch at the last moment.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: Trial_Master on April 02, 2021, 12:28:53 PM
I've never heard of The Durrells so I've set up to record this Saturday. Episode 1 is on again next Monday, I recall there was a way to filter multiple repeats by time in the past, is there anyway to stop multiple repeat timers generating now?

As far as I know, not with IceTV scheduled recordings. 
However you can set up an AutoTimer definition and restrict it via either of -

• a start time window - set "Only match during timespan" to enabled and (start time) "Begin/End of timespan" to (say) 19:00/20:00, or
  • a uniqueness test - set "Require description to be unique" to "On same service" and "Check for uniqueness in" to "Title and Short description" (with a uniqueness test, ensure you keep completed timers for 8 days - MENU>>Setup>>TV>>Recording settings>>Remove completed timers after (days)")
Job done.

grumpy_geoff

Quote from: prl on April 02, 2021, 12:47:55 PM
Quote from: csutak40 on March 28, 2021, 01:36:19 AM
Are the Bosch episodes in the middle of the night (3 of them, one after the other next Friday) really new episodes?  I am not sure, but surely, if they weren't repeats, they wouldn't be showing them at night?

It looks like the ABC has dropped those showings of Bosch at the last moment.

It's SBS not ABC, and they were shown this morning (at least in the "wild west").

Trial_Master

Quote from: grumpy_geoff on April 02, 2021, 01:27:24 PM
However you can set up an AutoTimer definition

Thanks, good to know.

prl

Yes, sorry about that. My error. Bosch recorded for me early this morning.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

There is no way yet to stop repeats recording more than once but our next project, after this infernal Guide Database system up-date is over, is exactly that plus some other useful related add-ons.

We did have a "This time only" but it was hopeless as channels change airtime and the setting gets "orphaned".

Trial_Master

Trial_Master

ABC News on Saturday at midday is getting detected in my ABC News evening bulletin timer. The Sunday midday bulletin is called ABC News At Noon.

MD

Can you re-post this under a different title so the guide team see it for what it is please, as it's not a repeat/double up problem.

Trial_Master

BazzaG

Fringe Nation: Extremists In America
'America's Modern Militias'
SBS VICELAND HD, 1:00am, Sat, 10 Apr 2021, 50 minutes
Gianna Toboni explores the new generation of modern militias, the tactics and ideologies that define them, and the likelihood of them going to war with the government.
Series, United States, English, Documentary, Real Life, Season 1 Episode 1

This is a repeat as indicated in the SBS online guide ... as is the 2nd episode which is broadcasting immediately afterwards ... I'm guessing that this episode is correctly marked as a repeat since I don't have a recording for it.

GaiO IceTV

Hi BazzaG,
Episode 1 of Fringe Nation had no previous air date in our database so was therefore marked as a new show.  However, given that there are air dates for episodes 2-4 I am assuming there has been an error somewhere and have marked it as a repeat now.
Cheers Gai

BazzaG

I have recordings of all 4 episodes, mind you SBS is broadcasting them out of order; compared to ViceLand themselves.

Now, I believe I might know why you don't have the "first" episode listed in your DB ... when this series was originally broadcast SBS used a different name for the "first" episode. I don't remember what the name was since I renamed this episode as per the real episode name used by ViceLand.

It appears that for the repeat broadcast SBS is using the correct names for all 4 episodes. They are, however, broadcasting what is really episode 2 as episode 1.

Also, all 4 episodes are available to stream here:

https://www.sbs.com.au/ondemand/program/fringe-nation-extremists-in-america

BazzaG

Harrow
'Ab Initio'
ABC TV HD, 8:30pm, Sun, 11 Apr 2021, 53 minutes

REPEAT

Coping with a death that strikes close to home by focusing on work, Harrow is stunned to discover a connection between this death and another deceased man on his autopsy table.
Series, 2019, Australia, English, Drama, Crime, Season 2 Episode 5

Marked as a repeat, but it's not.

GaiO IceTV

Thanks BazzaG,
This has been corrected.  There has been a few errant repeat flags showing up this week.  I'll need Dan to take a look.
Cheers Gai