New DP-P1 Firmware

Started by AndrewT, September 23, 2007, 04:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndrewT

New firmware is now available for DP-P1  - Version DPP1-01.04.144

Fixes unknown but a  number of new features added  - release notes here http://www.beyonwiz.com.au/contentpics/downloads/DP-P1/DPP1_Firmware_22Sep2007_ver_01.04.144.txt

pvogel

I've just bought a DP-P1 and installed the new firmware.  I have a couple of questions those of you with more experience of this product can probably easily answer.

1. Is there timer padding on this pvr?
2. If I hit manual record while watching live, it seems to store the show starting from the current time, rather than what's in the buffer. Is that normal, and is there a way to record the whole buffer too?
3. Is there a quick access to the recordings file, it seems cumbersome to have to load the file player then several more keystrokes to play a file?
4. Is there a  Beyonwiz forum somewhere I should monitor?

Thanks

Peter

Gary

1. No automatic padding currently but amongst the list of expected improvements.

2. There should be a menu item giving you a choice of live, current or all depending when you press record.

3. No, they have designed the two parts to operate separately, unless the recording is still being recorded when you start watching.