Recent app updates - Manage Series issues

Started by dwids, March 04, 2020, 06:05:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dwids

Hello. Am on 2.27. For the last few app updates (maybe 2 weeks) my Manage Series has been unstable and unusable. Two main things:

* There seems to be about 40 entries. The website (same account) has 11 and is the correct one. So My Week has a lot of invalid entries on the phone.

* I can't remove some (most?) of  the Manage Series entries on the phone. Selecting an entry just returns to the 9-icon main screen with no error msg.

I have deleted the apps data and cache, then re-installed. I've Reset the App on the phone.  But this just keeps on happening.

It's a Pixel XL first gen. Android up to date.  Is there a log I can send you on the phone or a way to put debug mode on your app? Thanks.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Hi dwids,

We have added some extra entries by default into the "My Week" screen in the app.

These are entries from our Recommended and New Series lists.

You can disable showing either or both of these entries in the Settings of the app.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dwids

Hi Daniel,

Been a while, hope you are enjoying life!

Thanks, but it's not that. It's the Manage Series on the app. It has what looks like junk entries everywhere (see attachment). The 'real' Manage Series values - on the website - are about 11 in total. The App ones may be artefacts, but they have appeared only since the recent round of app updates.

By artefact, I mean they could be old records in the server-side DB that are somehow syncing to the Mobile, but not being shown on the Browser view. I vaguely recall a similar problem years ago.

I've just Reset the app again. It downloaded a fresh data set. I disabled both the Recommended and New Series options.

Sadly it seems to be getting worse:

- The 'wrong' Manage Series values are still there. I still can't actually 'manage' (remove)  the wrong ones (e.g. science children) as it goes back to the main menu when I select it. BTW I have never set that keyword set up

- My Week has only 2 entries in it; the same film in SD and HD. There's somewhat more on the web version.

Thank you

prl

They look a bit like entries for keyword favourites or keyword recordings.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Yeah, these are all keyword favourites, next update will have the icon fixed and showing.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

dwids

Thanks to you both. Yes they are keywords and I'm not too fussed about their icons. Just wondering why they suddenly appeared and how I get rid of them?. I added a new Series Recording on the phone app and it appears in the Web version, so that syncing seems okay. You can see that, plus the correct keywords in the website screen shot attached.

prl

Quote from: dwids on March 05, 2020, 12:22:47 PM
Just wondering why they suddenly appeared

Someone implemented it in the app.

Quote from: dwids on March 05, 2020, 12:22:47 PM
how I get rid of them?.

Perhaps their appearance could be configurable in the settings, as for My Week.

I only have one keyword favourite (and several hundred series recordings), so it really doesn't bother me, but I know there are users than make much more use of keyword recordings and favourites.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

dwids

Quote from: prl on March 05, 2020, 12:32:51 PM
Someone implemented it in the app.

Not sure if you are trying to be funny, but I've been using these Manage Series Keywords for years. They've always stayed in sync between the Android App and the Browser (server). And they've always worked.

Now, over the last few weeks, they've:

- gone out of sync and many 'random' ones have appeared in the Android App. 
- ALL the keyword ones have stopped working in the App, their results do not appear in My Week on the phone.
- I can't remove the 'random' ones in the App.

Is that a bit clearer now?

dwids

Purged all data and removed app
Rolled back to 2.21  : still bad "My Series" keywords and no keywords working in My Week
Tried 1.36 and working ok again. Keywords back and filtering the My Week data correctly.

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Just as an update on this one (sorry for the delay) and a fix has been put in place on the IceTV server.

So this one has now been fixed.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.