Main Menu

New shows

Started by Daniel Hall at IceTV, June 22, 2010, 03:32:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

raymondjpg

Spiral Series 7 is scheduled to arrive on SBS on Demand Thursday 12 September, according to a newsletter released by SBS on 29 August.

Interestingly, for me at least, BBC had announced "while we wait for the new season of Spiral" they would be showing a reboot of the original Danish series Those Who Kill, titled "Darkness: Those Who Kill", starting this weekend on the BBC 4 Saturday night slot, two episodes a night over the next four weeks. Interesting because I always thought that SBS benefited from the BBC's expert translation of street French. Maybe BBC has already completed this, because the timing suggests that SBS will be offering Spiral 7 in advance of the BBC.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on August 30, 2019, 05:19:33 PM
Spiral Series 7 is scheduled to arrive on SBS on Demand Thursday 12 September

Interesting. I'd thought with the ending of season 6 that they'd wound it up. Good to hear that I was wrong.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on August 30, 2019, 06:04:58 PMInteresting. I'd thought with the ending of season 6 that they'd wound it up. Good to hear that I was wrong.

According to this https://thekillingtimestv.wordpress.com/tag/spiral-series-7/ there will even be an eighth series.

I don't know about the credibility of the source, but they are accurate enough about the screening of series 7 in France earlier this year and about probably coming to BBC 4.

N.B. Minor spoilers in the links on that page.
Beyonwiz T2, Beyonwiz U4, IceBox BYO with Hauppauge WinTV-dualHD (x2), Hauppauge WinTV-quadHD

prl

IMDb is also showing an eighth series.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Some new shows:

How Australia Got Its Mojo: Tuesday 1 October at 8.30pm on ABC (single show I believe)

Total Control: Sunday 13th October at 8.30pm on ABC.  (Note the show was previously called: Black B*tch) (Series)

prl

Quote from: raymondjpg on August 30, 2019, 05:19:33 PM
Spiral Series 7 is scheduled to arrive on SBS on Demand Thursday 12 September, according to a newsletter released by SBS on 29 August.

It's in the Coming Soon section of Recommendations in this week's app data.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Documentary special Inside the G, which looks at the history and operations of the MCG, will screen next week on Seven.

Tuseday September 17
8:30pm Melbourne, Adelaide, Perth

Thursday September 19
11pm Sydney, Brisbane

Update...
Update the date/time as above. 'Inside the G' is now listed in several EPG's, such as, YourTV, Ourguide, etc. but not IceTV. Please Fix.

prl

SBS is advertising Name Of the Rose starting Oct 3. It's now in the SBS EPG, starting with a double episode at 20:35 on SBS & SBS HD.

Rated at 6.9/10 on IMDb. Italian-German co-production.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

BazzaG

Silent No More

Journalist Tracey Spicer will front a 3 part series Silent No More, around the Australian response to #metoo, on the ABC.

Produced by Southern Pictures it includes interviews with women who have spoken out about harassment, plus the social change which has followed. Spicer has been an advocate for change although has also publicly acknowledged issues surrounding defamation have made media organisations nervous and #metoo have hit the 'pause button' as a result.

Over three episodes, Tracey explores how #MeToo is changing Australia, tackling the confusion and backlash caused by the movement. She speaks to ordinary Australians who bravely share their experiences, looks at how the system must be reformed, and explores how #MeToo can be the catalyst for positive change for everyone, regardless of gender.

Mondays at 8:30pm from 25 November.

BazzaG

Mystify: Michael Hutchence

This is a feature-length theatrical documentary written and directed by Richard Lowenstein, director of many of both INXS and Michael's hit music videos and the 1986 feature film, Dogs in Space, in which Hutchence played the lead.

Mystify is a journey into the heart and soul of internationally renowned INXS front-man Michael Hutchence, and delivers an intimate narrative portrait, imbued with authenticity, warmth and humour. Michael came to epitomise the very definition of leather-clad sexually magnetic rock front-man, but underneath it all he was a poetic, multifaceted and intensely sensitive man who struggled with the idea of success and the creative limits of pop.

Sunday 24 November at 8.40pm on ABC.

prl

SBS is advertising the miniseries of The Little Drummer Girl (from the book by John Le Carré) starting 6 Feb. IMDb viewer rating 7.4, which is perhaps a bit disappointing.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

Alison

Hi Prl,

'The Little Drummer Girl' has now been added to the Coming Soon List.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team

raymondjpg

Quote from: prl on January 25, 2020, 10:50:08 PM
SBS is advertising the miniseries of The Little Drummer Girl (from the book by John Le Carré) starting 6 Feb. IMDb viewer rating 7.4, which is perhaps a bit disappointing.

I wouldn't be surprised if the IMDB rating is more a reflection of viewers' reaction to the main plot line, which (without giving away too much in the way of spoilers, after all the book has been published for some time) revolves around the ruthless exploitation by security services of what is essentially a relatively naive member of the general population. This theme has been repeated time and again recently, involving not only security services but also police forces, to the point where it becomes depressing.

I thought the BBC made a reasonable fist of it. It's not as if the book is in the same class as the mainstream Le Carré's work. Fans of Eric from True Blood will see Alexander Skarsgård feature in one of the main roles.

BazzaG

Here's a few more to add/update:

SBS:

Celebrity Mastermind Australia: Saturday 15th February @ 19:30

Mastermind Australia: Monday 24th February @ 18:00

Nine:

Doctor Doctor: Wednesday 5th February @ 21:00

ABC:

Four Corners, Media Watch and Q&A: Monday 3rd February @ 20:30, 21:20 & 21:35

Hard Quiz and Shaun Micallef's Mad As Hell: Wednesday 5th February @ 20:00 & 20:30

Singapore's Secret Forests With David Attenborough: Sunday 2nd February @ 19:40

Note: If you have seen the Sky UK/BBC America doco: Wild City (2016) then you have seen the above!!! Looking at the trailers online it's a re-edited release of episodes 1 & 2 ... as a single 50 min episode.

Alison

Hi BazzaG,

All new shows have been added to the 'Coming Soon List' for the SBS channels for as forward as I have received the information.

Regards,
Alison.
IceTV Guide Team