Doubled up recording

Started by csutak40, November 21, 2018, 09:56:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prl

Hi, Judy.

I just installed a test version of my IceTV fixes on our in-use Beyonwiz T4. I'll submit the changes in a few days if the tests go OK.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

csutak40

Cheers,
Judy
Last Update Dec 9 2020; Beyonwiz V2, T2,

prl

I've submitted a fix to eliminate the unnecessary delete/recreate operations that happen when IceTV sends a timer update, but the timer details have not changed.

Daniel, the version number for the updated Beyonwiz IceTV plugin is 20190308. If IceTV sends the Beyonwiz a "record" timer but the timer id already exists and the message from the IceTV server doesn't change the Beyonwiz timer, the Beyonwiz response for the "record" timer is
iceTimer["state"] = "pending"
iceTimer["message"] = "Timer already up to date Show Name"

If the timer is in fact already running, its state will be updated to "running" shortly after this response.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

IanL-S

Thanks for the update. Look for to the new version.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
No IceTV: a few Toppys and T2
Synology NAS
Check out the oztoppy wiki and oztoppy Forum for Toppy help

prl

My changes have been merged into the Beyonwiz source code repository, but I'm not sure when they will be available in a release (beta or official).
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use

csutak40

I am not sure if I am misunderstanding things, or if this is something different.  I was looking at the timers to see if there is anything doubled up and delete one of them. 
Then I did something i haven't done before (I usually only notice something doubling up after it has recorded)  I looked on the IceTV web page and it is doubled up there as well!  Has this always been the case, or is this something new?
Also, it is really weird.  It has been behaving reasonably well lately, then last Thursday there were four shows doubled up.  Then it stopped again
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

Judy I have seen this before; but my recollection is that it is not always limited to Beyonwiz - I am sure I've had it happen on a Toppy.

Ian
IceTV: IceBox + BYOB IceBox + 2xTRF-2400 + 2xTF7100HDPVRtPlus + SKIPPA [RIP] + T2 + U4 + V2
Synology NAS

Daniel Hall at IceTV

Quote from: csutak40 on March 19, 2019, 12:09:43 AM
I am not sure if I am misunderstanding things, or if this is something different.  I was looking at the timers to see if there is anything doubled up and delete one of them. 
Then I did something i haven't done before (I usually only notice something doubling up after it has recorded)  I looked on the IceTV web page and it is doubled up there as well!  Has this always been the case, or is this something new?
Also, it is really weird.  It has been behaving reasonably well lately, then last Thursday there were four shows doubled up.  Then it stopped again

This can happen if there is incorrectly two timers that overlap for a given show, and for this show I can definitely see it was affected by the particular issue that was fixed in the update from prl.

For these ones it would likely be that each of the timers within the IceTV database had to have had different durations (it won't allow having multiple timers for the same channel, start time and duration in the database at once), and it was displaying both of these timers on the website for you.

This one should hopefully fixed when the new plugin is pushed out via a firmware update.
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

csutak40

Hi Peter,
It has been behaving ever since, but it is playing up today.  Both timers have a star though.  Thought I'd forward it, in case it means something to you

Cheers,
Judy

csutak40

Just thought I'd pop back here again.  Been noticing for the last few days lots of doubled up recordings and also noticed that most  aren't marked with the blue IceTV "star", FWIW  (I have already deleted all the shows marked to double up, before deciding to make the screen shot)
This is what my timers look like

Cheers,
Judy

BazzaG

This has happened twice over the last 24 hours ... overnight with the cricket on 9Gem and tonight with Interview on 7HD.

Hasn't happened before these 2 occurrences. Nor did it occur for several other recordings made today (Tuesday 4th).

I haven't made any changes to the shows that I'm recording via IceTV.

For the cricket on 9Gem, I did edit the timer via the Beyonwiz OpenWebif EPG function. I did so because I noticed that the match was running late (Pak innings ran over time) and the original end time (as per the Nine network guide) would have meant that I would miss the end of the match. So I added an extra 45 mins.

It was after I edited the timer that I noticed that there were 2 recordings running.

When I watched the English innings after getting up ... sure enough 1 recording ended before the match had finished, while they other recording recorded the whole match. Both recordings had the same start time.

As to the 2 recordings of Interview ... I didn't change or edit anything. Both recordings started at the same time, are the same length, have the same EIT data, etc. If I play 1 recording, stop it and then start the 2nd recording I'm asked if I want to resume ... Yes or No.

Looking at the directory via Windoz, I see 2 recordings with the 2nd having "_001" to differentiate the 2 recordings.

Relative new Beyonwiz U4 running the current FW release, etc.

So is there an updated IceTV app for the Beyonwiz U4? Or do I need to do something else to prevent this from occurring again ... If so, what?

csutak40

Quote from: BazzaG on June 04, 2019, 11:45:51 PM

As to the 2 recordings of Interview ... I didn't change or edit anything. Both recordings started at the same time, are the same length, have the same EIT data, etc. If I play 1 recording, stop it and then start the 2nd recording I'm asked if I want to resume ... Yes or No.

FWIW Interview was one of the doubled up recordings for me as well
Cheers,
Judy

IanL-S

I had two doubled-up recordings on my U4 last night - same programs scheduled on my T2 only had one instance. Start times differ by 5 or 10 minutes suggesting failure to delete old timer when timer updated.

Ian
Synology NAS

Daniel Hall at IceTV

This one is definitely a weird one, we have had a couple of reports now of a similar issue issue happening on at least two different U4's.

The current advice we have is to reinstall the current firmware using the USB update method (especially if the update to the current version was via an online update).
Regards,

Daniel.
CTO.

IanL-S

Thanks Daniel

I will give it a try when I have an opportunity to do so.

Ian
Synology NAS