Change Request for Website

Started by vader1111, December 05, 2018, 10:28:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vader1111

At present, the "My Week" page is limited to showing recordings for one device at a time (selectable using the "Devices" dropdown box at the top of the page).  In contrast, the "My Series" page allows users to show series for one (selectable) device or "All" devices.

Would it be possible to add the "All" option to the "My Week" page as well?

prl

Sounds like a good idea to me, though I wouldn't use it myself much.
Peter
Beyonwiz T4 in-use
Beyonwiz T2, T3, T4, U4 & V2 for testing

MD

Hi, it isn't as easy as it looks!  The problem is that My Series is, simplistically, a static database of your series recordings, favourites and keywords whereas the My Week is a filtered selection of your recordings, keywords and keywords from the TV Guide section of the database, which is very much live and horribly complex. Someday we will do a complete re-write of the whole legacy system but that's a huge undertaking which I can't afford right now and the benefits for our current business model would be miniscule.  With hindsight it would have been great if we'd thought of the "My Week" at the original design phase but that was well before the evolution into web and smartphone management.

vader1111

Thanks for the response.  At least now I know that it's on your mind, even if it's technically infeasible (prohibitive cost) for now.